Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 22, 2014, 05:21:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Air governor  (Read 1413 times)
eagle10

Ignore
« on: November 02, 2006, 01:57:32 PM »

I am replacing the air governor on my Eagle 10 6V92T. The reason being is that recentlly the rear air gauge goes from 100 to 120 and it was always pegged at 120. Are these preset at 120 or do I have to adjust it? If so, how? I am hoping this solves my problem. I will post again with the results. Thanks.
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2006, 03:39:34 PM »

If your needle is pegged at 120, then you have the wrong guage. It should be a 0 to 150 psi guage. And yes you do have to adjust the new regulator to the proper pressure.
Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
eagle10

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2006, 07:35:11 PM »

Richard
Pegged may have been the wrong description, it stops at 120, the gauge goes higher. Anyone tell me how to  ajust it to 120 if necessary?
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2006, 04:43:57 AM »

There's a screw on the end of the governor that you can adjust to regulate cutout pressure. It's under a rubber cap, if I recall correctly.

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
gus

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2006, 08:18:50 PM »

As I remember you screw it clockwise to decrease the pressure but not sure. Turn it 1/2 turn at first to make sure. It has been a while since I adjusted mine so I forgot.

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
larryh
4905A-893 P8M

ready to run with the big dogs

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2006, 03:35:47 AM »

It should be a D2 governor turn it clockwise to raise the top pressure and turn it counterclockwise to lower should come set abt 115- 118 make sure you lock the locknut back down and replace the rubber dustcap when down.

LarryH

Savvy ponderable:
A cowboy's only afraid of two things:
havin' ta walk,
and the love of a good woman.
"This posting was generated using an environmentally friendly, self contained flatulence generator, therefore no fossils or neutrons were harmed in the creation of this posting.

Quartzsite,
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: