Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 19, 2014, 09:53:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: what else should i have checked with tranny out and bus on blocks?  (Read 898 times)
kbunnystarr

Ignore
« on: November 05, 2006, 01:04:07 PM »

Hi, ok, well the latest on my bus is the tranny is out and I was thinkin, since Im paying this labor charge and it is in the state it is in now....meaning mechanically more accessable, is there anything else I should have him look at ?  It would be the first real time since I got it....we are changing all the fluids and filters while we are at it............but, is there any thing else ya'll would suggest that if it was YOUR bus you would have looked at..............guess I dont know what Im asking, Im jsut thinking I should take advantage of the fact it is kinda taken a part a bit ...........maybe there is nothing..not sure.....?>?>  help here?  suggestions?

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
H3Jim

1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2006, 01:44:06 PM »

Clean it and paint everything you can get access to - but that's kind of a luxury.  Cleaned and painted makes leaks stand out more.  and then it looks good too.

Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.
kbunnystarr

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2006, 02:00:31 PM »

thank you for the reply!!

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2006, 03:00:59 PM »

Check the rear main seal for leaks - now is the time to replace if necessary.

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
gus

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2006, 07:49:06 PM »

Amen, to what Len said about the rear main seal.

I don't know why you have the trans out-so check clutch,clutch release bearing, trans bearings and seals at both input and output ends.

Drive shaft universal joints and the splines on the shaft. My splines wore completely out.

Rear end pinion bearings and seals.

If these are all in good shape you will probably have no drivetrain problems for as long as you own the bus.

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: