Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 18, 2014, 06:15:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shaver Lake, Ca  (Read 558 times)
TomC

Ignore
« on: July 20, 2012, 12:46:46 PM »

Didn't want to steal from the other Sequoia post. I'm going to Shaver Lake the weekend after Labor Day.  What I like about Shaver Lake is that it is midway between Sequoia and Yosemite.  You're in lodge pole pines and firs, with big stand Sequoias near by.  The best part is the drive up. You go east from Fresno about 50 miles.  The first 35 miles are a pleasant relatively flat driving gently sloping up towards the mountains.  Then you have a 10 mile 6% climb up. At the top of the grade you turn left into the mountains with only about a 5 mile mountainy drive on a well paved 2 lane to Camp Edison-which every campsite has 30amp and cable TV (odd to see a tent camper watching TV on a upside down 5gal bucket).  Will be my third time up there.  You can swim, fish, ski in the lake; great hiking and mountain biking-plus there is a store within walking distance.  Granted it isn't as remote as Eshom, but much easier to get to with a 40ft bus.  Clean air, just a great get away from the city.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 02:35:19 PM »

Tom, is that the Socal Edison campground?

You don't have to believe everything you think.
RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 06:26:50 PM »

Tom -

As I mentioned in Lin's thread, when you come back down 168 from Shaver, stop by for a cold Pepsi on me!  It will give the brakes (jake & service) time to cool after working your way down the 4-lane!

Contact number's in my profile. . .

RJ

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
S13406 Now
Fresno CA
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: