Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 20, 2014, 07:17:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Turbo blanket 60 series?  (Read 904 times)
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« on: July 23, 2012, 06:15:17 PM »

Just housing? or down to muffler?  Turbo sits on top of exhaust manifold. Should I wrap air to air side also?  I should Know answer but need conformation.   Bob

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 06:41:53 PM »

I don't know about the wrap but the blankets cover the manifold and hot housing on the turbo only on the Prevost with 60 series and the D13 Volvo engines 

I never saw the wrap on 60 series before but sure someone has done it

Life is short drink the good wine first
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 06:56:47 PM »

Was thinking it was a long way. from the air cleaner curb side to air cooler front of rad driver side back to intake curb side might be good to wrap it also?? Probably thinking to much..Bored during this recovery. Just getting ready to finish project..  Manifold and hot side is done deal Then! have a friend in business who will do it free--- good price?  thanks   Bob

luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 07:06:45 PM »

That is a good price Bob lol I paid 2 grand for the ones on Matt's 8v92 in his Eagle from the outfit in Canada 10 years ago

good luck

robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 07:12:18 PM »

Have a friend who insulates nukes. has some new red stuff he can sew up out of scraps. Said it is awesome.  Snap on and off or velcro.  will let him do his thing. Thanks again.  Bob

buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 08:24:12 PM »

For performance, wrap everything from the exhaust manifolds to, and including, the turbo.

For fire safety, wrap the hot side of the air to air, and the exhaust in the engine room beyond the turbo.

Too many modern buses lost to fire from a fluid leak spraying onto the hot pipes.

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
Zeroclearance

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2012, 08:31:20 PM »

Bob,  I had my S60 blankets made for the valve cover, exhaust manifold, turbocharger and 16 inches of the downpipe.   I had the folks at Advanced, redo the turbo-turbine to cover up the actuator gate and add a small window for the actuator.    I added some stainless mess around the actuator linkage path so that the wastegate would bind up.   
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2012, 08:52:12 PM »

Bob, that new red ceramic wrap is some good stuff a little pricey but beats the heck out of the older stuff if you have extra at your price send me some lol

good luck
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 06:54:00 AM by luvrbus » Logged

saddleup

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2012, 09:00:33 PM »

That is a good price Bob lol I paid 2 grand for the ones on Matt's 8v92 in his Eagle from the outfit in Canada 10 years ago

good luck
Thanks, Clifford Grin Grin

Battle Mountain,NV  Molson,Wa  Yuma,Az

1974 Eagle 05 On the road, to Somewhere
Don Fairchild

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2012, 09:37:36 AM »

Bob, you could bring your friend to BK's and have him put a demonstration of the wrap. You could use my bus as a model.

Don
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2012, 03:31:36 PM »

We were BBQ chickens Sunday and he brought it up.  Said why not I have nothing but the old gray stuff at home I was going to use. Still can taste that sauce.!!   Hope to make it to BK's. for a day,' no bus. haven't even started rehad yet. real  bored!! awaiting a workable future.   Bob

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: