Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 26, 2014, 03:20:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Has This Happen To Other Bus Nuts  (Read 3227 times)
luvrbus

Ignore
« on: July 25, 2012, 06:33:52 PM »

A first for me the wife and I found a nice RV park in the White Mountains called Clay Springs I pull in go inside and was denied a space because it was for gays only 

The manger was very upset with me and told me to leave and that wasn't a problem I was glad to leave 

I still don't know what his problem was I never saw a campground ask before If you were gay or not

I never knew there was RV parks like that till I took a pamphlet it shows 4 in Az one we pass all the time and have thought about stopping for the mineral bath guess that won't happen lol

Life is short drink the good wine first
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 06:39:10 PM »

I don't think we have that kind of campground in western Canada Clifford. 

R.J.(Bob) Evans
1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
My website
Our weblog
Simply growing older is not the same as living.
Stormcloud
FMCA#407220

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 06:45:09 PM »

Cuts the washroom facilities down to one building...sign says 'WHATEVER'.    lol

Mark Morgan    near Brandon, Manitoba, Canada
1972 MCI-7     'PapaBus'  8v-71N MT654 Automatic
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 06:46:03 PM »

Not that i'd want to stay either, but what kind of stir would it cause if you had a campground that prohibited gays.  I would think the rainbow coalition would have a field day in the news and the courts post haste.

No, i've never heard, or even thought there was such a place, much less pulled into one.  But we don't stay in high dollar fancy parks anyway.  We're still part of the working lower middle class.   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 06:47:34 PM »

Cuts the washroom facilities down to one building...sign says 'WHATEVER'.    lol

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin.  Now that's funny, i don't care who you are.

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
Stormcloud
FMCA#407220

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 06:59:51 PM »

....and I wonder how the park management would ask discreetly if one might fit in to their 'community'.

Maybe on the registration card (following power requirements) they may ask if your polarity is straight or reversed??

Only a suggestion....  Roll Eyes

Mark Morgan    near Brandon, Manitoba, Canada
1972 MCI-7     'PapaBus'  8v-71N MT654 Automatic
Kwajdiver
MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2012, 07:03:14 PM »

Must be a law suit here somewhere.  Does this mean we need to put a little rainbow on the front bummer?  Just asking.

Bill
Straight and proud of it!   Roll Eyes

Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
V-6-92 Detroit, Allison 5 spd auto
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI
Ed Brenner

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2012, 07:14:37 PM »

Clifford, I assume you remained calm cool and collected !!!! Grin Grin

I just did a google for the Hell of it. Damn Us good old boys should be thankful are days are limited. Beam me up Scotty !!

Ed

Ed Brenner
77 Eagle 05  Murrells inlet, SC
 " While We're At It " A Busnut's most costly Phrase !!
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2012, 07:17:54 PM »

Not really Ed I did have the last word lol

Iceni John

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2012, 08:37:24 PM »

Just pretend you're Bi, then you've got twice as much chance of getting lucky.

Seriously though (!), I may be climbing White Mountain next month, the 14-er in Inyo County in California.   I'd better make sure I don't ever drop my soap while having a shower in the campground there . . .

John

1990 Crown 2R-40N-552:  6V92TAC, DDEC II, HT740, Jake.      Hecho en Chino.     
Behind the Orange Curtain, SoCal.
Boomer

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2012, 08:41:53 PM »

Here's your payback chance.  Sue their asses off!

'81 Eagle 15/45
'47 GM PD3751-438
'65 Crown Atomic
Vancouver, WA USA
desi arnaz

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2012, 08:52:00 PM »

What a pain in the @$#.......

thomas f  Bethlehem n.h
akroyaleagle

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2012, 09:01:35 PM »

Run Clifford Run!

Handsome man like you would be in great danger!

Count your self lucky you were informed. Better than learning in the shower.......

Joe Laird
'78 Eagle
Huron, South Dakota
desi arnaz

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2012, 09:04:19 PM »

I guess the phrase "who do you have to blow around here to get a campsite" would of been approiate..

thomas f  Bethlehem n.h
Dave5Cs

1979 MCI MC5Cs 6V-71 HT-740 Allison, Roseville, CA

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2012, 10:16:39 PM »

Clifford, Sounds like a discrimination law suit to me. Are you sure you weren't at the back gate so to speak, LOL Grin Shocked
You know I will just bet it was decorated lavishly. Wink

Dave5Cs

My personal skills are fine.. it’s my tolerance to idiots that needs work!....

http://s1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj493/fltmr2000/
happycamperbrat

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2012, 10:52:15 PM »

hahaha!!! I just had to laugh at this!! If they can sue and post garbage about straight businesses, I see no reason straights cant complain and make a big puff out of it too!! Yes that is discrimination! But I bet the park was full of hunks! The best lookin guys are usually gay in my experience, not the best guys... but the best lookin

The Little GTO is a 102" wide and 40' long 1983 GMC RTS II and my name is Teresa in case I forgot to sign my post
pete36330

my mc9 ,,gonna finish it one day ,,

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2012, 06:12:03 AM »

Hmmmm brings back old memeries,,about some of the uppydy  RV parks ..gays only,,no old buses,,,"no skoolies i.e fire traps",the only suprise is that the park wasn't in Fl ,,,how about no kids ..no fat people ,.no pets ,,ect,Ever been turned away because your bus was  painted the wrong color,maybe we should get ACE to investigate ,make sure everything is on the up and up..make a list of requirement to enter these upscale RV parks and enjoy our hobbies ,,even the ones that aren't so high class,,
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2012, 10:01:35 AM »

We never stay in the high end resorts we did a few times in the Prevost place in Vegas just to torment the Prevost crowd with our Eagle lol 
Not really they were a good group most were just the average Joe with high end buses some were not but that is in every group

Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2012, 10:15:53 AM »

okay, does that mean that they were only allowing same sex couples?  Would they tell a gay man and woman that travel together to leave?  Did you get a look at the activity schedule?

You don't have to believe everything you think.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2012, 10:36:57 AM »

Stop and check that out for yourself Lin I don't plan on going back lol

Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2012, 11:23:55 AM »

I had a small park in Kentucky turn me away because I wasn't "born again".

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
LowTide

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2012, 04:03:06 PM »

Clifford, Sounds like a discrimination law suit to me.

Dave5Cs

I would tend to agree. If the tables were to be turned, you can bet these gay folks would have had the media and their lawyers all over it.
Heck, I would love to expose them just for fun........or for a better use of terms, stick it to them...LOL

Mike and Lori
Sunny Phoenix Arizona
"1973 MCI MC-7 Challenger"

"A nation of sheep helps breed a government of wolves"
Geoff

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2012, 05:00:06 PM »

Clifford, I must admit you get around.

--Geoff

Geoff
'82 RTS AZ
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2012, 05:35:14 PM »

Yep headed to your area this weekend then on to Texas and OK from there on to Idaho with some friends from NM she picked a good time to go to Texas over a 100 degrees it will be like a steam bath  

That is a good thing about retirement you go when and where you want too after you pickup enough cans to pay for fuel lol
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 05:43:02 PM by luvrbus » Logged

wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2012, 05:13:43 AM »

I don't agree with sueing any private business for telling you to move along.  I don't need a court to get me through life and I dang sure don't need government telling me what, how or who. 

On a lighter note, Clifford I bet you about crapped down the back of both legs when that conversation started!

1984 Silver Eagle Model 10 6V92 Allison auto tranny
www.snakebreaker.com
Oonrahnjay

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2012, 05:36:07 AM »

If I were to pull up to a campground and everyone there was a person who spends every waking moment building their model train sets, or was a Ku Klux Klansman, or was there for a political convention, or a believer in aliens and UFOs, or people of a particular religious faith there for a weekend meeting, or of a particular sexual orientation -- and the manager told me.   I wouldn't sue him, I'd thank him and move on to find another place.  Not knockin what spins somebody else's turbo, just some things I'm not really happy spending my time with.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 10:42:06 AM by Oonrahnjay » Logged

Bruce H; Wallace (near Wilmington) NC
1976 Daimler (British) Double-Decker Bus; 34' long
6-cyl, 4-stroke, Leyland O-680 engine

(New Email -- brucebearnc@ (theGoogle gmail place) .com)
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2012, 06:33:39 AM »

I move on they own the camp ground pay the taxes do the upkeep and they have the right turn you away for what ever reason they choose I don't sue anybody I had enough of those silly law suits filed against me when I was in bussines

Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2012, 10:05:22 AM »

There are two conversations going on here.  One is strictly theoretical about legality.  The other is practical common sense about what to do.  Addressing the legal issue, it is probably not legal to discriminate in that way, but it certainly is not worth trying to do anything about it.  As with many other obstacles in life, this is one where you just move on. 

Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2012, 10:47:31 AM »

That makes sense to me.  There is enough serious discrimination going on all around us that it is important to choose your battles and apply pressure where it is most appropriate.

Now, I might have told them that my wife and I were both gay, just to see what happened.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 10:50:09 AM by Len Silva » Logged

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
akbusguy2000

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2012, 11:23:08 AM »

Interestingly their web site says its owned by a man and his wife, and specifies "gay friendly" whatever that means.
Here's a directory of such places, and yes, there are a couple listed in western Canada:

http://www.campgayusa.com/CAMPGROUNDS.html

tg
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2012, 02:18:00 PM »

The man and wife do not own the grounds any longer it belongs to a David which owns 3 in AZ so I was told

bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2012, 05:31:48 PM »

and yes, there are a couple listed in western Canada:

http://www.campgayusa.com/CAMPGROUNDS.html

I checked and there are in fact NONE in western Canada.  There are a couple in BC but that's not the west.  There are exactly zero combined between Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba.  Which doesn't surprise me.  The fact that there are some in BC is surprising only for how few there are in that land of fruits and nuts.

R.J.(Bob) Evans
1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
My website
Our weblog
Simply growing older is not the same as living.
saddleup

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2012, 06:00:38 PM »

I had a small park in Kentucky turn me away because I wasn't "born again".

I would chance the the gay camp, before id put up being turned away by the" born again "
Crap.

Battle Mountain,NV  Molson,Wa  Yuma,Az

1974 Eagle 05 On the road, to Somewhere
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2012, 05:19:33 AM »

You know when this thread first went up I thought it was a good idea.  Having never run across such a thing (homosexual hideaway or a born again RV park) I thought “this is good to know.”  As I am pretty sure no one would want to immerse themselves in a lifestyle that they evidently did not support or care for.  I think most of us understand that. 

It appealed to me on that aspect, “here is a place I should avoid.”

This country was founded on diversity, it is for lack of a better analogy “a melting pot” of different races of people and cultures.  Like it or not, it is their property and they can restrict access to anyone they want, and for the most part, there isn’t much anyone can do about it.

No Shirt .. No Shoes .. No Service, see it every day in America. 

Unfortunately, this thread has morphed into cheap shots, and innuendo’s, outright derision against a group of people and their lifestyle.  So whatever was good about it, has long since disappeared and from that point on, well it just got sort of lame. 

And if you are one of them that is doing this (taking cheap shots and trying to be funny) you are just as sad as they are.  BCM moderators need to move this crap to the back burner of the stove, it is tasteless and rude.

BCO

saddleup

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2012, 07:03:13 AM »

I agree should not have went as far as it did, figured posting what i did would get this deal over with.
Matt

Battle Mountain,NV  Molson,Wa  Yuma,Az

1974 Eagle 05 On the road, to Somewhere
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2012, 07:28:33 AM »

One of the main reasons I posted about the campground was anyone that knows us, we like Don and others travel with a grandkid all the time and a 6 year old can ask questions lol my grandkids are very special to me

If the parents want them exposed to some things in life they can do it is not my place my duty is to protect the stinkers if they are in my care  

I do my best It makes no difference to me if the post is moved (it should be ) just beware there are campgrounds out there kids don't belong IMO  It was a good learning experience for me and the wife as we never knew there was those type campgrounds

I have seen the nudist campgrounds before but I never stayed in one lol   
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 07:44:29 AM by luvrbus » Logged

wyle.e.kyote

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2012, 09:58:42 AM »

You know I will just bet it was decorated lavishly fabulously . Wink

Fixed that for you.
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2012, 02:37:02 PM »

Clifford is right, we both travel with grandchildren and we do have a reponsibility to those dinkers.  It has got to the point where I no longer turn on the CB when we are on the road. 

One thing the years have taught me is to “tolerate” those people who I do not understand.

I tolerate people who “think they know it all” when they do not.

I tolerate others whom “talk down at me or to me."
I tolerate others whom assume I am an “idiot."
”
I tolerate others whom assume I will “do it all for them.”

What do you tolerate?

A guy and his wife on vacation spot a sign that reads “Sunshine Acres” so they talk it over and they decide to head up the road and drive the short three miles to this hideaway.  Unbeknown to them, they are headed for a nudist colony with their two small children in the back seat.

As they round the curve, they spot a group of adults coming directly towards them on bicycles, all of which are nude and wearing nothing.  Apprehensive about the small children in the back seat the wife looks at the husband and says to him, “What do we do?” 

He shruggs his shoulders.

Motoring down the road a little way, the little girl stands up in the backseat and says to her mother, “Mom, did you see those people?” and the mother says, “Yes hon, I sure did.”  The little girl then says, “Not one of them was wearing a helmet.”

I guess what I am trying to say here is “It is all in the way you look at it.”

BCO

Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2012, 06:00:46 PM »

This topic has strayed quite a bit, but I just wanted to point out re:BCO's story, that nudity is really not a big deal even for kids.  People make too much of it.  After all, there are really no surprises there.  Open sexuality is an issue though.  We were at a hot springs campground that had separate tubs for man and women.  They said that they had had a problem with gay men coming there and using the tubs inappropriately.  This behavior would not be acceptable no matter what the orientation or gender.  I guess one lesson is that it is good to call ahead.

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: