Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 31, 2014, 08:02:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Has This Happen To Other Bus Nuts  (Read 3204 times)
happycamperbrat

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2012, 10:52:15 PM »

hahaha!!! I just had to laugh at this!! If they can sue and post garbage about straight businesses, I see no reason straights cant complain and make a big puff out of it too!! Yes that is discrimination! But I bet the park was full of hunks! The best lookin guys are usually gay in my experience, not the best guys... but the best lookin

The Little GTO is a 102" wide and 40' long 1983 GMC RTS II and my name is Teresa in case I forgot to sign my post
pete36330

my mc9 ,,gonna finish it one day ,,

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2012, 06:12:03 AM »

Hmmmm brings back old memeries,,about some of the uppydy  RV parks ..gays only,,no old buses,,,"no skoolies i.e fire traps",the only suprise is that the park wasn't in Fl ,,,how about no kids ..no fat people ,.no pets ,,ect,Ever been turned away because your bus was  painted the wrong color,maybe we should get ACE to investigate ,make sure everything is on the up and up..make a list of requirement to enter these upscale RV parks and enjoy our hobbies ,,even the ones that aren't so high class,,
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2012, 10:01:35 AM »

We never stay in the high end resorts we did a few times in the Prevost place in Vegas just to torment the Prevost crowd with our Eagle lol 
Not really they were a good group most were just the average Joe with high end buses some were not but that is in every group

Life is short drink the good wine first
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2012, 10:15:53 AM »

okay, does that mean that they were only allowing same sex couples?  Would they tell a gay man and woman that travel together to leave?  Did you get a look at the activity schedule?

You don't have to believe everything you think.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2012, 10:36:57 AM »

Stop and check that out for yourself Lin I don't plan on going back lol

Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2012, 11:23:55 AM »

I had a small park in Kentucky turn me away because I wasn't "born again".

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
LowTide

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2012, 04:03:06 PM »

Clifford, Sounds like a discrimination law suit to me.

Dave5Cs

I would tend to agree. If the tables were to be turned, you can bet these gay folks would have had the media and their lawyers all over it.
Heck, I would love to expose them just for fun........or for a better use of terms, stick it to them...LOL

Mike and Lori
Sunny Phoenix Arizona
"1973 MCI MC-7 Challenger"

"A nation of sheep helps breed a government of wolves"
Geoff

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2012, 05:00:06 PM »

Clifford, I must admit you get around.

--Geoff

Geoff
'82 RTS AZ
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2012, 05:35:14 PM »

Yep headed to your area this weekend then on to Texas and OK from there on to Idaho with some friends from NM she picked a good time to go to Texas over a 100 degrees it will be like a steam bath  

That is a good thing about retirement you go when and where you want too after you pickup enough cans to pay for fuel lol
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 05:43:02 PM by luvrbus » Logged

wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2012, 05:13:43 AM »

I don't agree with sueing any private business for telling you to move along.  I don't need a court to get me through life and I dang sure don't need government telling me what, how or who. 

On a lighter note, Clifford I bet you about crapped down the back of both legs when that conversation started!

1984 Silver Eagle Model 10 6V92 Allison auto tranny
www.snakebreaker.com
Oonrahnjay

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2012, 05:36:07 AM »

If I were to pull up to a campground and everyone there was a person who spends every waking moment building their model train sets, or was a Ku Klux Klansman, or was there for a political convention, or a believer in aliens and UFOs, or people of a particular religious faith there for a weekend meeting, or of a particular sexual orientation -- and the manager told me.   I wouldn't sue him, I'd thank him and move on to find another place.  Not knockin what spins somebody else's turbo, just some things I'm not really happy spending my time with.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 10:42:06 AM by Oonrahnjay » Logged

Bruce H; Wallace (near Wilmington) NC
1976 Daimler (British) Double-Decker Bus; 34' long
6-cyl, 4-stroke, Leyland O-680 engine

(New Email -- brucebearnc@ (theGoogle gmail place) .com)
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2012, 06:33:39 AM »

I move on they own the camp ground pay the taxes do the upkeep and they have the right turn you away for what ever reason they choose I don't sue anybody I had enough of those silly law suits filed against me when I was in bussines

Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2012, 10:05:22 AM »

There are two conversations going on here.  One is strictly theoretical about legality.  The other is practical common sense about what to do.  Addressing the legal issue, it is probably not legal to discriminate in that way, but it certainly is not worth trying to do anything about it.  As with many other obstacles in life, this is one where you just move on. 

You don't have to believe everything you think.
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2012, 10:47:31 AM »

That makes sense to me.  There is enough serious discrimination going on all around us that it is important to choose your battles and apply pressure where it is most appropriate.

Now, I might have told them that my wife and I were both gay, just to see what happened.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 10:50:09 AM by Len Silva » Logged

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
akbusguy2000

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2012, 11:23:08 AM »

Interestingly their web site says its owned by a man and his wife, and specifies "gay friendly" whatever that means.
Here's a directory of such places, and yes, there are a couple listed in western Canada:

http://www.campgayusa.com/CAMPGROUNDS.html

tg
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: