Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 20, 2014, 04:37:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: House Batteries  (Read 1464 times)
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2012, 05:36:04 PM »

Costco is the place for amp hour bang for the buck buy the golf cart wet cell less than .50 cents for each amp 3 bucks each amp for the AGM take care and they last 5 to 8 years if one in the string goes bad they replace all 

Sam's Club is not good a 6 month warranty is all you get from Sam's now

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2012, 05:50:46 PM »

Golf cart batteries are about $1 an amp when you compare 12 volt to 12 volt.  I paid just under $1 an amp for my 12 volt AGMs.  They were lightly used when I bought them, but they work plenty good for me.  I changed from flooded to AGM batteries so I could move the batteries to a better location, but the better location doesn't have venting.  I probably would not have used AGM if I had to pay full price.

Nothing wrong with using golf cart batteries as they are cheap and they are true deep cycle.  They just have to be vented and water checked regularly.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
edroelle

1998 Royale Prevost

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2012, 05:48:14 AM »

8D refers to the physical size.   They come as deep cycle,  starting, and AGM.    Choose the correct one for your usage.

Ed Roelle
Flint, MI
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: