Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 30, 2014, 08:08:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rate a GMG PD4104  (Read 6762 times)
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2006, 08:04:47 AM »

Dallas,  I beleive the roof lettering would have just been trailways on a 4103.....with Continental or National trailways on the Nose and tailgate. 

I have inquired with my trailways Corporate contact to see what the skinny is on this now days.

Dallas

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2006, 02:32:38 PM »

Well, Doug,
We hijacked this topic!
I would really be interested in what you find out.
I've given up on the idea of useing the original stuff, except for the paint scheme, which will be modified to more of a IH tractor red with some metal flake and a clear coat, and the top and other white parts will be the Ford-Fergeson tractor white, also with a clear coat.
I've chosen the tractor colors because I can buy the paint at $25/gallon and it's available just about everywhere.
Sure, it's not Imron, but, I can paint the dang thing every 3 years or so for 21 years for what Imron would cost for 1 paintjob.
It'll still inspire memories of GI's going off to Basic, Dad going home to the family, The weekend trip to the beach, etc.
Let us know here on the board!
Dallas

Dallas,  I beleive the roof lettering would have just been trailways on a 4103.....with Continental or National trailways on the Nose and tailgate. 

I have inquired with my trailways Corporate contact to see what the skinny is on this now days.

tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2006, 10:13:21 AM »

Just got word from the President of Trailways

They do not allow use of their logo or any branding on a privately owned vehicle.......and they will and do regularly sick the law dogs on people.....which they find unfortunate after someone has done it.....as it is their $$ that is going to be spent to take it off or overpaint it.

Dallas

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2006, 12:23:40 PM »

Doug,
that really odd.
I'll have to ask my wife where the paperwork is they sent so that I could put the logos on legally. Also, I wonder if the copyright is still good after all that time.
Dallas
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2006, 02:18:11 PM »

More of a trademark issue......which I think are issued in perpetuity sp?  well forever.

even a company that is no longer operating as such......you will  find that someone owns the trademark

and will expect you to honor that if they catch you.

This word came from the Current President of National Trailways.  Who my Dad happens to have a meeting with tomorrow.

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: