Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 26, 2014, 10:40:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Basement a/c ?  (Read 1386 times)
zukmancdr

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2012, 07:33:09 AM »

I like your setup, Tom. Do you have the returns for both units coming from the same return, and do you have the blowing into the same ducts or separate?

Chris.
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2012, 07:43:28 AM »

Chris-both units are separate.  The rear unit feeds the dinette area (which can blow to the front-I anticipate using this unit for night time use) and has a T to feed the bedroom.  They have individual vents that can be shut off.  The 8" return is under the dinette with a 12" square filter vent.  The front feeds just one vent-I wanted that one to blow hard if need be.  The return is built into the end table of the sofa also with a 12" filter vent. 
In the basement (which is part of the interior of the box) is two luovered exterior doors that the A/C units are mounted just inside.  The 6" hot exhaust from the condenser will be ducted under the truck. Since the floor of the box is 42" up from the ground, I don't anticipate any problems with heat.  So the condenser air is drawn in from the side and exhausts underneath-very hard to have the two mix.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
zukmancdr

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2012, 07:55:45 AM »

Thanks Tom for the info.

Chris
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: