Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 21, 2014, 01:09:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coolant Extenders  (Read 359 times)
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« on: August 04, 2012, 01:05:24 PM »

Since he subject of antifreeze/coolants has come up recently a couple of times, I wanted to ask it anyone has had any experience with coolant extenders that claim to put off the need to change the old fluid.  I know there is one put out by CAT as well as Final Charge.  I even think I once saw one by Prestone.

You don't have to believe everything you think.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 01:29:33 PM »

Lin, I read where the extender is only used in the extended life antifreeze you are supposed to add it when the extended life antifreeze reaches 1/2 of it's pre charged life span  I don't think it will do the green stuff any good lol,

Cummins sales it also for their designer color antifreeze

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 01:58:53 PM »

A lot of them claim to be extended life.  I have mixed different brands like Prestone and Carquest's house brand (which may be the same).  Both say extended life for 150k miles or five years.  I am no where near either of those.  Some brands claim several times that life span.

You don't have to believe everything you think.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: