Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 01, 2014, 11:32:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: An Update on GM PD4106-1616 (Longish)  (Read 328 times)
bkelly1011
Brad Kelly

Nope, not my bus.

Ignore
« on: August 07, 2012, 08:38:41 AM »

All -

For those of you falling off the edge of your seats in anticipation, here finally is an update on this still-seated coach which has been for sale in southern CT.  Link to last post is here (with pictures) in case you need to get caught up - http://www.busconversions.com/bbs/index.php?topic=23758.0.  The bus is still in the same non-running condition - missing its starter and right-side exhaust manifold in particular.

Since the last post, OneLapper (aka Mark) and I have been working with motor coach folks at the Connecticut Trolley Museum (http://www.ct-trolley.org/visit/busmuseum.php) to get a deal going with the seller which will get the bus into the museum's collection.  The good news is that there is a conditional offer in place.  Basically, the deal is that if the bus can start, air up, get its brakes released and be driveable off the property, the museum will purchase it and assume risk for getting it to its new home.  For less money, the museum would take it as-is (assuming the cost of hauling it away), but currently the owner has elected the two-part offer.  Side note - the acceptance of the offer feels a little more tentative to Mark and I than it should, but it is what it is.

OK, that said, the next steps happen this weekend.  On Saturday morning, Mark, a team of guys from the museum, my fiancee and I are meeting at the seller's house to, Lord willing, get the bus running.  If that is successful, it will be driven up to the museum at a later date once title/registration/insurace items are addressed. 

This is Karen and my first trip, but already Mark's third (in addition to all the work he's recently done on his own coach, mind you).  Mark's got our punch list of tools and parts and various aerosol products organized and assigned.  And yes, I have beer for Mark, although he's not allowed to have any until he gets home.

Pictures and/or video to follow (that's my fiancee's job, although she's pretty good with tools, too).  As before, I would appreciate the prayers of the brothers and sisters for travelling/working safety for us all, that whether the bus starts or not,we at least have a good time, and that things with the owner continue to work out.

Brad

Busnut wannabe.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: