Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 21, 2014, 11:16:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What happened to BK (Busted Knuckle)?  (Read 3301 times)
belfert

Ignore
« on: August 08, 2012, 06:35:35 PM »

Did BK give up his membership here?  I don't see him on the members list anymore.

I remember something happened with the thread about Cody and I haven't seen a post from him since.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 05:42:32 AM »

Come to think of it, I wonder the same thing. Probably should post on BNO and find out....they should know.

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
Dave5Cs

1979 MCI MC5Cs 6V-71 HT-740 Allison, Roseville, CA

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 06:08:55 AM »

Somewhere here i read him saying about the new owner of BCM and that he was no longer with his e mail he had here and wish the new owner or webmaster well???

rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 06:24:18 AM »

Dave, you are thinking of Mike Sullivan.  I think that was just an FYI.  I am pretty sure that Mike is still reading, and occasionally posting on this board.

On 6/24 I (and I assume others) received a PM on BNO from Cody saying that Libby and BK were very upset about the threads about Cody on both BCM and BNO.  Apparently my participation in those threads were part of the reason for them being upset.  

In the note, he said that:  "BK has quit the BCM forum over all this crap".  I checked for a couple of days and determined that BK had stopped posting about that time.  I assumed he was going through a "cooling down" period.

Sounds like this is a permanent change.  Too bad.  I enjoyed BK's perspective and thoughts.

Jim
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 06:25:50 AM by rv_safetyman » Logged

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
’85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/
RickB

81 MCI 9 smooth side 8V71 Allison 754

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 08:51:57 AM »

Wow, that would be a tragedy for this board. Bryce was a voice of reason most times when we touched on the "goofy" subjects. That really bums me out.

Bryce if you're lurking come back we need you here.

RB

I will drive my Detroit hard... I will drive my Detroit hard.
CrabbyMilton

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 09:51:13 AM »

I don't really know what started this whole thing. However, if I worried about what others have said about me, I would never post on any board or even leave the house for that matter.
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2012, 10:25:10 AM »

The thread here at BCM started out as somebody simply asking what happened to Cody.  I guess not everybody is aware of Cody's status with the BCM forum.  Things kinda went downhill from there.

It is sad what happens on Internet forums from time to time.  Communicating via electronic mediums is different than phone or in person communication.  I doubt if the same people were having a conversation in person that the end result would have been even close to what happened here.

Cody is one of the people I would like to meet and I need to come up with the time to make a trip to see him.  He is about an 800 mile round trip from my house.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
CrabbyMilton

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2012, 10:37:06 AM »

Yeah that's true that lack of communication often blows things way out of whack. I personally prefer email and other internet based forms of communication since I always hated phones. (There's always someone at the other end. Smiley ) But seriously, we are adults here so hopefully he'll come around at some point.
rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2012, 03:58:46 PM »

Wow, the plot thickens. 

BK just posted on BNO and that forum had several Cody related threads that were much worse than on this forum - at least one was removed as it was vile.

I checked BKs posts here and he made several posts on 6/21 (none after that).  A couple were contentious with a member here, but a couple were the typical helpful posts.  Really no direct signal that he was upset and leaving.

Since I got Cody's PM, I have felt badly about BK leaving.  At first I felt like I caused the situation.  I tried to be factual in my responses and did not recall anything that I said that would have upset him. 

I sure hope he returns.

Jim

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
Dave5Cs

1979 MCI MC5Cs 6V-71 HT-740 Allison, Roseville, CA

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2012, 04:16:09 PM »

Yep Jim your correct, that was Mike Sullivan, sorry for the misinformation.

Sorry to hear about BK. I have had some really good conversations on the board with both he and Cody. Cody is a kick in the pants and would love to meet with him at his non camp spot. They are both very informative.

Dave5Cs

robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2012, 04:56:27 PM »

Don't know: Just know if I need help he is on my phone under friend and I have broken bread with Cody also and would consider him friend also.  Haven't really met a bad busnut! In a recent chat room talk it was noted not many of the regulars are posting. I feel same way! too much do it this way or-----You are wrong!!! now days----death trap!...  I learn something new every day.  To make this bus related I am working  on a rebuild of a 45ft prevost salvage shell.  Just me.   Bob
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 04:59:28 PM by robertglines1 » Logged

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2012, 05:31:07 PM »

In a recent chat room talk it was noted not many of the regulars are posting. I feel same way! too much do it this way or-----You are wrong!!! now days----death trap!...  I learn something new every day.  

How true is that, well said. 

One of the mysteries of bus folks is their apparent need to meet, to figure out who is the top dog in the pack, how many members are in the tribe?  This is often accomplished in the Internet medium. 

This doesn’t always work out well for some folks, BK and myself, know it far too well.

There have been times when I have found out that I do not interact all that well with some bus folks, this is why I always read the posts now, and seldom post.  At one time I felt I had something to offer the bus community, but now days, I do not feel all that willing to share.

Some folks blend in, they mix well, they know how to work a room.  Unfortunately, this just isn’t my bag.  This is one primary reason you will not find me on a few bus boards or any of the other social networking platforms.

My reasoning is simple.

Why in the world would I want to share my private thoughts and feelings with the world at large?  What good could possibly come from me having a convenient outlet to express myself to all of these people?  Only to give it my level best and find out it was all wrong.

The more likely outcome is that in a misguided attempt to be funny or cute, I'd say something stupid and wind up getting publicly raked over the coals.  Something like “I want to burn french fry oil in my two-stroke, do you think it will smoke?”   Usually I have the profound pleasure of screwing it all up. 

Which is why I think the wiser path is to keep my opinions to myself.

For example, if I were to feel emotional tension building over an organization riddled with bus purists’ expressing their moral outrage over LED lights on a classic Eagle, I certainly wouldn't comment about it. 

If I was told in no uncertain terms to take my stuff that is not bus related somewhere else, I would. 

Then later on see a lot of non bus related issues being posted repeatedly by the very people that complained about my stuff ... material that is clearly not bus related but was allowed to stand, that would not sit well with me. 

There is a word for it and that word is hypocrisy.

I would not want to be a part of a social network of hypocrites who say one thing and do something completely different.  Perhaps this is what drove BK to the shadows and led him to be a non-participant here.  Some guy jumps your ___ and when you respond to it, here comes an army of moderators to cool it down. 

At best it is an uneven platform and at times certainly not fair.  It is non productive and it runs off a lot of good talented, knowledgeable people.

We all have the right to remain silent, some of us unfortunately fail to take advantage of that right.  Then later on, after the damage is done, we feel the need to apologize. 

Classic “locking the barn door after the horse has left philosophy.” 

That could be a few of the primary reasons most folks here just read it ... but do not comment.  I asked a guy one time, “Do you read the board at BCM?” and he said this, “Hey, I got enough people at work hacked off at me, why would I want even more of that?”

Really did not have an answer for him on that one for sure.

<><><>   

rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2012, 05:40:11 PM »

I just got a very nice PM on BNO from BK.  I was relieved to know that I did not cause him to leave.  

His main reason for leaving were some very derogatory emails, PMs, and even phone calls about his defense of Cody.  That convinced him that he did not need the negativity.  Obviously there was more detail, but it is not for public information.  

He left me several contacts and said that he was still available to talk to folks.  

It saddens me that we have these rifts in what should be a friendly forum.  

Jim

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
Oonrahnjay

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2012, 09:41:47 PM »

My reasoning is simple.
Why in the world would I want to share my private thoughts and feelings with the world at large?   (snip)   

Yeah, but on the other hand, if I have some facts (not that word) that will help someone, I'm happy to share them if someone will share something that helps me (or even if they won't).  And people on this forum have sure done that.  I have stated a few opinions and it has not worried me in the least if someone else has an opinion that disagrees.  And some things are applicable to some kinds of buses but are not useful for others; same thing with different kinds of systems within buses.  We don't all have to agree -- but a thoughtful and kind sharing of information, facts, and experiences will benefit everyone.  I hope to contribute because so many of you (and you, specifically, Oke) have helped me.  I love doing my bus and I don't know how I could have gotten this far without you; I certainly couldn't have done nearly as good a job without you.

Thank you, to you all.   BH  NC   USA

Bruce H; Wallace (near Wilmington) NC
1976 Daimler (British) Double-Decker Bus; 34' long
6-cyl, 4-stroke, Leyland O-680 engine

(New Email -- brucebearnc@ (theGoogle gmail place) .com)
oldmansax
Tom & Phyllis

'82 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2012, 05:59:19 AM »

I have said before, I think the only way to minimize these types of problems is for the moderators to STRICTLY enforce a "no posts except bus related" rule, everywhere, all the time.  Even the Off Topic forum causes changes in perspective about people. You can't help but think differently about someones advice once you find out they are closet zombie-haters.

I belong to the Wanderlodge Board & have to say this policy works well there. I got moderated in a thread about how to secure your coach when I mentioned part of my system included weaponry. Post was deleted & I was PMed. Very nicely told me to please re post with references to only coach related systems.

Lots of us have different opinions on lots of issues. Some of us don't know how to keep our mouths shut about things not related. Help us, moderators! Make this a buses only zone!

One more thought: I know there was a pole taken about having an off topic forum & the vote was to have one. All that proves is lots of us have no idea what's best for the forum at large. We have already lost several valuable contributors. Let's not lose anymore because some want to wax ignorant........ I mean eloquent, over non-related content.

TOM

'82 BlueBird WanderLodge PT40 being rebuilt
Delaware

DON'T STEAL! The government hates competition!
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: