Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 31, 2014, 08:43:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What happened to BK (Busted Knuckle)?  (Read 3321 times)
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2012, 02:24:45 PM »

bk posts on FB & BNO.  He just posted about 1 of his people (workers) having a heart attack.  I think he just found a better medium to direct his comments on.

Still seems like a nice guy to me.  He just doesn't post here anymore, i guess.

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
Dave5Cs

1979 MCI MC5Cs 6V-71 HT-740 Allison, Roseville, CA

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2012, 02:54:53 PM »

He also post sometimes and helps us out over on ,MCIbustalk.com
FWIW

Dave5Cs

PP
Will & Wife

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2012, 06:55:54 PM »

BK is missed, no doubt about it, but there are quite a few others that used to be here and aren't anymore. I see them posting on other boards, so I know they're still around. I miss them all, some more than others. The times they are a changing....

RickB

81 MCI 9 smooth side 8V71 Allison 754

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2012, 08:20:20 AM »

Just went to the off topic section and even unignored a couple of really folks that see an entirely different planet in every way than I do and I came to this conclusion.

It is just a matter of time before the politically correct decision to have ANY discussions outside of buses will tear this board apart. We need to tear the problem out at the roots and be prepared to tell people to leave if need be if they insist on division. Period.

I left for a year and a half because of non bus motivated and who's the top dog discussions and as we approach this next election I don't see how to avoid leaving again without changes to the current policies regarding what we discuss here.

There is leaven in the bread here folks and a great majority of us know it.

Losing someone like BK didn't happen in one conversation. It was a cumulative effect of a few among us that insist on moving their politics, religion and love of all things argumentative forward relentlessly.

Sure hope the powers that be here see a noose tightening. There are a few folks like BK here that if they left I would very little motivation to visit here.

Concerned and disappointed,

Rick

I will drive my Detroit hard... I will drive my Detroit hard.
lostagain

MC5C

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2012, 12:08:30 PM »

I read the board 2 or 3 times a day. Over the years, I have learned a lot here and appreciate it.

I post very seldom for a couple of reasons:

I am not a very good writer, so my dry sense of humour is often misinterpreted as not nice comments and I don't get responses.

I am a self taught jack of all trades, master of none, shade tree mechanic with all my experience based on empirical knowledge. Often when I post about a solution to someone's problem, there is a comment from a couple of the know-it-alls on this board that evidently spend all day on the computer waiting to show off their superior knowledge, and make me feel stupid for posting in the first place. I don't think you can fix that on any board, but it sure keeps me from posting most of the time. If I have a problem to solve, I get better help from suppliers and a handful of mechanic friends that I can talk to in person.

An other problem with the board is at least half of the daily content is useless dribble that could be cleaned up by stricter rule enforcement by the moderators. I totally agree with RickB on this one. I am not religious and I don't care to discuss politics or gun control here.

Sifting through all the BS to find the useful info gets irritating at times.

Oh, and it doesn't take much to use spell check. Some of the posters have horrible English that is hard to read.

I will always be willing to put up with some of the inherent defects of this form of information exchange, but it could sure be tightened up.

JC

JC
Invermere, BC
1977 MC5C, 6V92/HT740
fraser8
Fraser

1972 Prevost

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2012, 07:03:44 PM »

I agree, I leave the board and then return after a break. If you post something, there are the couple know-it-alls that take great pride in ripping you apart instead of offering some meaningful input. Get up in the morning give your head a shake and be a little more positive, and I could care less about how big your gun is, how many bullets you have, who you vote for or who you kneel to. To the ones that offer helpful advise, hats off to you.

Fraser Field
Deroche, BC, Canada
Where the milk cows out number the people, but they can't vote
1972 Prevost, Detroit 8-71/740 Allison automatic, Jakes
Hobbies: restoring classic cars, www.oldambulance.com, arranging old car tours: www.coasters2010.com, www.canadiancoasters.ca
Retired Paramedic
ruthi

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2012, 09:26:07 PM »

Well, far be it for me to say what is right on here, but, good grief, I dont understand all the crap that you guys quibble over. It is all talk, and everyone has their own thoughts and opinions. We are all different. Half need to learn how to let stuff go, and the other half need to learn how to not put people down with their supposed knowledge. I sure dont think anyone should have to think twice about posting on here. I know there is always going to be someone smarter than me on here, and some that just think they are smarter, lol.  I know I almost left right after finding the boards, because of a post I made about a bus motor/engine. There were a couple who were being their usual selves, lol. I also think a lot of it was because I was a woman. I know I have talked to a couple of other women who say they dont have the nerve to post on here for fear of what might be said. I dont think anyone on here knows me well enough to know that I usually speak my mind, but, I dont try to be rude about it, just honest.  I do think this should be about buses, period. If you venture into the off topic board,you better have some tough skin, lol. All this being said, I am glad I found this board, and hope it stays intact with the people who can share their knowledge.I cant even say how many times I have posted on here desperate for help, and got it. Thank you to those that are always willing to help out.  I am sorry to see BK is gone. He is missed, but, its his decision on what is right for him. Hope to meet more of yall in the future. Just my two cents. Happy busing.........

Mixed up Dina, ready for the road as of 12/25/2010
Home in middle Georgia, located somewhere in the
southeast most of the time.
FIRST RALLY ATTENDED: BUSSIN 2011!
lostagain

MC5C

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2012, 07:02:05 AM »

Ruthi,

well said, and you are right.

I just needed to vent my frustrations. I'll be good for a while now, LOL.

JC

JC
Invermere, BC
1977 MC5C, 6V92/HT740
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2012, 01:18:16 PM »

Lot of x members from  here and the other boards popup on Facebook now,BK is a big boy I doubt someone posting on the board would piss him off enough to leave probably was a PM you can get get some dandy's from here lol

Now I never open one from this board unless I know the sender lots of trash goes on from the PM's here

Life is short drink the good wine first
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2012, 04:14:27 PM »

I don't understand the whole issue with PMs here.  I have never received a nasty PM in reply to anything I have posted.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2012, 04:51:57 PM »

Brian, piss some off here like I do from time to time then wait and see lol but I really don't care what a few send 

I sent you a nasty pm so you don't feel left out lol it is about as nasty of a pm as I send 

good luck

« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 05:04:40 PM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
Mex-Busnut

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2012, 06:14:40 PM »

Something like “I want to burn french fry oil in my two-stroke, do you think it will smoke?” 

<><><>   

Most honorable Boxcar Okie Sir:

French fry oil causes cancer and so does smoking, so if you don't want your Detroit to get supercharger cancer, don't do it.
 Grin
I always enjoy your posts sir!

Dr. Steve, San Juan del Río, Querétaro, Mexico, North America, Planet Earth, Milky Way.
1981 Dina Olímpico (Flxible Flxliner clone), 6V92TA Detroit Diesel
Rockwell model RM135A 9-speed manual tranny.
Jake brakes
100 miles North West of Mexico City, Mexico. 6,800 feet altitude.
ruthi

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2012, 07:38:05 PM »

Yall are a hoot, lol. Love the sense of humor from most on here.  Roll Eyes

Mixed up Dina, ready for the road as of 12/25/2010
Home in middle Georgia, located somewhere in the
southeast most of the time.
FIRST RALLY ATTENDED: BUSSIN 2011!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: