Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 02, 2014, 01:39:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Entry step non-skid surface??  (Read 989 times)
Danny

87' MCI 102A3 - getting there...

Ignore
« on: November 07, 2006, 08:52:54 PM »

What is the best way to go on the entry steps for looks and non-skid?

Thanks,
Danny

I have heard it said, "life comes at you fast".  I didn't know it would be in the shape of a bus  :-)
boogiethecat

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 08:59:18 PM »

I use aluminum diamond plate....

1962 Crown
San Diego, Ca
H3Jim

1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 11:17:14 PM »

For better or worse, I just put down some very high density, short nap, commercal grade carpet I had left over.  Most of the time I can just sweep it out the nap is so tight.  Very non skid, and so far I like it a lot.  We'll see how it lasts over time.  I was originally planning pn putting some non skid ceramic tile, but this was easy and I already had it, so in it went.

Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2006, 04:37:53 AM »

We used a textured surface ceramic tile. We were concerned about diesel fuel that might be tracked in when fueling at truck stops as well as normal water, dirt, etc.  More work to install, but it looks good and is very functional.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
ChuckMC8

1977 MC8 and 1993 102C3 Temple Ga #322 F&AM

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2006, 09:23:43 AM »

Danny, I removed the rubber insert that comes in MCI.....I went to Lowes and bought a couple of exterior floormats for the home. They are the bristle kind.....I cut these to fit and inserted them in where the rubber ones were removed. I have been really pleased with these...I can reach down and take them out and shake the crud outof them.
HTH Chuck

Far better is it to dare mighty things,to win glorious triumphs,even though they may be checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much,because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.  Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919)
pete81eaglefanasty

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2006, 10:06:05 AM »

I purchased a RV Sure Step it has a rubber mat that peel  and stick,  also has a illumintes light at night. when entering and exiting the coach. it has a motion sensior to activate the light. we have been pleased with it.

Pete & Jean
                  Fantasy

WHAT EVER YOU DO, OR TO WHO YOU DO IT TOO, DO IT WITH A SMILE, IT MAKES IT LEGAL THAT WAY.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: