Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
December 14, 2017, 12:15:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Tires today  (Read 1063 times)
PP
Will & Wife

Ignore
« on: August 09, 2012, 08:34:48 PM »

Well, after procrastinating forever, I finally broke down and put on a new set of tires. I went with 12R-22.5 Ohtsu (Japan). They're R-1200's, almost identical to the Michelin XZA's I took off. 16Ply rated, 7390# wt and only set me back $650. ea, mted, balanced, and new stems; much less than the Michelin's I was quoted. They brought them in special because i wouldn't accept their 8 month old stock. No arguments, no pressure. I'm pleased,
Will Smiley

TomC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 07:58:33 AM »

Great! Should check your toe on the alignment.  Also weigh your front axle so you can run exactly the right air pressure in the tires.  The tire pressure on the side of the tire is the maximum-most likely, you're not at that with weight.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 08:02:38 AM »

I run a little higher pressure in my steer tire than the weight would show because the bus was weighed with a single passenger and minimal cargo in the bays.  The bays are full and I have up to 9 passengers when going on a trip.

I got new steers this past spring and the tire shop filled them to max capacity even though I have an obvious sticker on the body above the wheel listing the proper PSI.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
PP
Will & Wife

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 06:41:38 PM »

They're rated 125psi max cold, but I've always ran 100psi all the way around. I ran the bus over a scale one time with her fully loaded and I don't remember all the individual axle weights, but determined at that time that 100psi was going to be close enough (just a little higher than needed) and much easier to remember.
Will Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: