Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 29, 2014, 08:59:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Boat Cable  (Read 1784 times)
Melbo

MC8 under construction

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2012, 07:25:11 PM »

I have a friend who is in the business of selling wire and connectors to manufacturing companies and "cheap ratchet" crimpers have a tendency to wear out rather quickly and then not make a good crimp --- just a heads up from experience.

HTH

Melbo

If it won't go FORCE it ---- if it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway
Albuquerque, NM   MC8 L10 Cummins ZF
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2012, 09:23:59 PM »

A few years back I purchased a PDF of NFPA 1192 which are the NFPA regulations for an RV.  For electrical it simply says: All electrical installations, systems, and equipment shall comply with Article 551, Parts I and III through IV, of NFPA 70.  NFPA 70 is the National Electrical Code.

My electrician friend loaned me a copy of the NEC a few years back.  I read the section referenced above.  I was trying to figure out why boat/marine cable are not approved for use in an RV.  I can't recall exactly what I found out as it was a few years back.  I would read it again if I had a copy of the National Electrical Code handy.  I'm not going to pay $90 for it.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: