Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 24, 2014, 08:28:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Boat Cable  (Read 1839 times)
Melbo

MC8 under construction

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2012, 07:25:11 PM »

I have a friend who is in the business of selling wire and connectors to manufacturing companies and "cheap ratchet" crimpers have a tendency to wear out rather quickly and then not make a good crimp --- just a heads up from experience.

HTH

Melbo

If it won't go FORCE it ---- if it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway
Albuquerque, NM   MC8 L10 Cummins ZF
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2012, 09:23:59 PM »

A few years back I purchased a PDF of NFPA 1192 which are the NFPA regulations for an RV.  For electrical it simply says: All electrical installations, systems, and equipment shall comply with Article 551, Parts I and III through IV, of NFPA 70.  NFPA 70 is the National Electrical Code.

My electrician friend loaned me a copy of the NEC a few years back.  I read the section referenced above.  I was trying to figure out why boat/marine cable are not approved for use in an RV.  I can't recall exactly what I found out as it was a few years back.  I would read it again if I had a copy of the National Electrical Code handy.  I'm not going to pay $90 for it.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: