Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 29, 2014, 08:15:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SITE PROBLEMS  (Read 5015 times)
thomasinnv
Derrick Thomas

I may be nuts, but only for buses

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2012, 12:51:23 AM »

I just open another tab on my browser and browse other forums while waiting for the pages to load on this one. I can browse 3 or 4 other forums in the time it takes for this one to load pages. It's pretty pathetic.

There are three kinds of people in this world....those that make things happen, those that watch things happen, and those that just wonder what the heck is happening. Which one are you?

1977 MCI Crusader MC-8
8V71N/740
95% converted (they're never really done, are they?)
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2012, 07:42:21 AM »

Deadly slow here again this morning.

Keep chipping away, you'll find it!

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
Runcutter

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2012, 08:43:15 AM »

Phil, thanks so much for your hard work.  Like many of us, I've moved multiple times, and know what a hassle that is.  For you to take time away from other things, to do this, is even more worthy of our thanks.

This site is a joke
 Now, THAT was unfortunate.  One of the great features of this site is that we (almost) always treat other members with civility, whether we agree or not.  This is not a "paid membership" site per se.  If I were one of the volunteers working hard to maintain this site, I'd consider that a personal insult.  Unfortunate.

Arthur
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 01:09:36 PM by Runcutter » Logged

Arthur Gaudet    Carrollton (Dallas area) Texas 
1968 PD-4107

Working in the bus industry provides us a great opportunity - to be of service to others
gus

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2012, 02:50:49 PM »

It was worse than unfortunate, it was rude, with no recognition of Phil's long and reliable service to us fortunate members. I don't know where I would be without this board!

Thanks again, Phil.

What do some folks expect for nothing??

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
Runcutter

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2012, 03:44:01 PM »

Gus, that's only one of the words I was thinking of -- but I edit myself before posting (or emailing, or talking on the phone, etc.).  Considering my words carefully sure seems to help -- I get invited back to places, rather than having folks tell me not to get hit in the rear end by the door.  It would be nice if more people did -- especially people new to a site.  It takes less effort to make a good first impression, than to undo a bad one.    

I think Dale Carnegie (How to Win Friends and Influence People) would give up in this internet age -- I can see him getting to the point where he might give a few one-finger salutes.  

Phil, the site is much faster now -- and I didn't get the security certificate error this session (first time in weeks).  Thanks for plugging away.  (EDIT - spoke too soon, when I posted this, the security certificate error came up, but I still say "thanks" for your hard work).

Arthur

1968 PD-4107

Working in the bus industry provides us a great opportunity - to be of service to others
plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2012, 03:52:03 PM »

Thanks for the support guys!  I do appreciate the constructive criticisms.  I'm aware of a change that was made a couple of weeks ago that I'm trying to track down to see who did want and if I can work around it.  Also, if someone could post the site certificate /ssl error in a post that would be terrific and I'll keep after it time permitting.  There may be some more oddness today as I'm working on the site.

Best Regards, Phil

Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9
Runcutter

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2012, 06:16:27 PM »

Phil, the bottom of my screen says "Internet Explorer blocked this website from displaying content with security certificate errors", with a button to show content.  Something Clifford said in another post made me wonder if it's the site itself, or some ad.

Arthur

1968 PD-4107

plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2012, 06:37:48 PM »

Well, I checked and the busconversions.com  cert has expired.  So I can ask the powers-that-be for a new certificate.  At least we can take care of our part.   Smiley 

Hope this helps, Phil

Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2012, 07:37:56 PM »

Its a lot faster today Phil.  I still get the certificate error warning but I'm not smart enough to figure out precisely what certificate IE has got its panties in a knot about.

http://www.busconversions.com/ad_manager/click.php?a=7&x=TVRNME5UTTBNemN6TXkweE1DNHlOVEl1TVRZMExqSTBOdz09&z=13&c=1&adurl=10030

That's the link from the box that isn't displaying if that is any help to you.

R.J.(Bob) Evans
1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
My website
Our weblog
Simply growing older is not the same as living.
Ace

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2012, 08:33:01 PM »

That link is for an ad from BCM for a folder that will house your back issues of BCM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
gus

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2012, 10:41:54 AM »

Art,

There are too many good browsers available for you to be stuck with the ancient and vulnerable IE!!

Firefox is my favorite and free, it also comes with a very good email program, Thunderbird.

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2012, 10:55:43 AM »

Google Chrome is the top rated browser very little difference in the rating between Firefox and IE so I would not call IE ancient they will all have to catch up with the new version of windows IE will already be there fwiw I am a Firefox user on the Dell

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
Dave5Cs

1979 MCI MC5Cs 6V-71 HT-740 Allison, Roseville, CA

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2012, 11:10:03 AM »

Clifford, Say what and to think I always respected your knowledge,Firefox has so much more on the security side and operates and has always operated at a much higher level. IE remains way behind the times and always has. IE has so many back-doors either because they came out with it to fast and didn't check enough or because they themselves built them in to it.
I agree that Chrome is good but not great yet. Just my personal opinion
I will always respect your Bus knowledge and political views but I am afraid you lost me on browser views, LOL Cheesy Grin Smiley
I use 6 different browsers including Safari, Sis,Sis,Sis

Dave5Cs

luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2012, 11:45:01 AM »

Just going by what the experts say about the top 10 browsers Google Chrome #1 @9.85 Firefox #2 @ 9.33 followed by IE#3 @9.03  Opera #4 @9.03 not much difference in Firefox and IE, I don't use IE period  

I do like the new Lion 10.7 software for the Apple they all have to shoot for it now

good luck
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 11:55:49 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
Dave5Cs

1979 MCI MC5Cs 6V-71 HT-740 Allison, Roseville, CA

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: August 19, 2012, 12:29:09 PM »

Experts=Merchandisers, Lol

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: