Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 18, 2014, 10:29:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Follow-up question Engine Preheat  (Read 889 times)
Danny

87' MCI 102A3 - getting there...

Ignore
« on: November 08, 2006, 01:31:46 PM »

Has any one ran a 120V outlet to the engine compartment to plug in the engine to the bus system when needed and just run it off of the shore line???

Danny

I have heard it said, "life comes at you fast".  I didn't know it would be in the shape of a bus  :-)
H3Jim

1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 01:48:22 PM »

Not yet, but my plan is to wire it into the house system so all I have to do is throw a switch to use the block heater.  Powered of course by the inverter which in turn can be powered by batteries, generator or power pole.  It just hasn't surfaced on my priority list yet.

Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.
Happycampersrus

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2006, 02:39:47 PM »

I hard wired mine in when I did my conversion. I used a good quality switch on the back bulkhead. All I do is flip it on a couple hours before leaving and it works great. One less cord to deal with while camping. Grin

HTH,
Dale
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2006, 03:00:45 PM »

I also had a duplex outlet with covers hardwired in the engine compartment. Really proved handy lots of times.
Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: