Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 29, 2014, 09:14:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What adhesive to use for Soundown composite foam?  (Read 423 times)
belfert

Ignore
« on: August 18, 2012, 11:31:23 AM »

My generator enclosure had some composite foam adhered to the inside top of the enclosure.  It came loose and partially melted on the exhaust.  I purchased some Soundown composite foam to replace it.  What is the best adhesive to adhere this to the inside top of the enclosure?

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
jjrbus

MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2012, 01:50:33 PM »

Mine was glued and  also held in place with large Huh washers??? for lack of a better word.  JIm

Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

http://photobucket.com/buspictures

http://photobucket.com/buspictures
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2012, 02:21:56 PM »

Mine was glued and  also held in place with large Huh washers??? for lack of a better word.  JIm

Probably mechanical fasteners.  The fasteners are attached to the metal with glue of some sort.  I suppose I could use those by grinding off the paint to epoxy the fasteners on.

I'm still wondering what type of adhesive to use.  Some spray adhesives would attack the foam.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: