Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 06:36:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: xplorer interesting SOB  (Read 469 times)
chuckd

Ignore
« on: August 22, 2012, 07:09:17 PM »

I went down to Chicago to look at a 36 foot xplorer mtorhome.  They have always intrigued me because of their unique construction, molded fiberglass over a steel frame, and then spray foamed.  I like the insulation value they derive from that construction technique.  So trip report goes like this, interior very, very nice - excellent craftsmanship and wood work.  Exterior okay, coach was a 1988, so good for that year coach.  Ride - it rides on a Spartan Mountain master chassis, and I hope this particular chassis needed some adjustment because it rode very rough - at least compared to my Prevost.  Handling couldn't tell much, braking good.  Now the power plant is from a Dodge Pickup and that is where it belongs.  5.9 liters just does not get it.  Rattled inside, could not tell from where.  Glad I went down to try it out, makes my baby Prevost look better and better.

Chuckd - who just go back from a glorious few days in Bayfield Wi, on the big lake.
muldoonman
1991 Prevost 8V92TA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 07:57:33 PM »

That would be hard to compare those two, a Prevost and a Xplorer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: