Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
June 22, 2018, 06:21:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Link Of The Day, 11/08. Feel free to add your favorite  (Read 4284 times)
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« on: November 09, 2006, 08:06:03 AM »

http://www.futurliner.com/index.html

The GM Futurliner restoration project
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 08:13:25 AM by DrivingMissLazy » Logged

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
eglluvr

The Quest is But The Beginning...

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2006, 08:35:33 AM »

Cool Site, But A bit ambitious for a beginners conversion. LOL

Interesting side note, On the "Other Futureliners"  Link is one called fido, The livery was recently changed back to the POP Livery and it was sold on Barett Jackson in January for 4.3 Million, They were looking for 600,000.00, Do you think the boys made tracks in their skivvies?  Anyhow, consider it a success story for those who say you will never get out what you put into it, You Just have to pick the right Chassis.

Barry:  If you had started with a future liner, you might be able to afford "First Edition" Brill manuals   Wink

If anyone wants a DVD of the Actual auction, Lemme know, I have it on my DVR.

Jim
Brill-o

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2006, 08:32:01 AM »

Hey DML and Jim-

I got wind of the resto’ of that big girl some time back-

Quite a sight! I would think it’d be similar to taxiing a plane- and the lean in a sharp curve would create quite the pucker factor!

Jim, I think that even if I’d started on something like this, I still couldn’t find a Brill manual. I’ve been searching for some time, now—and (might,) have a found a good lead.
Heck, I even tried the “Yellow pages” (sorry, Ace, no luck- Smiley).

I wonder how much trouble they had finding a repair book on something like that—with just a handful made!?

Although it’s very unique and attractive in its own way, It’s not much my liking, though- I’m more towards the aero-look-

Something a little more mainstream…

Like in the pic below-

Cheers..

Mind the Gap!
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2006, 08:56:58 AM »

That sreamliner grill looks like a '47 chevy truck grill!!  Smiley

I dig the Futureliner. It may not make a good coach, but the look aand nostalgia aspect of it make it very cool!

I was thinking it did go for 6 mil. (?) But not sure.

Thanx for the link!!
  Chaz

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2006, 09:10:28 AM »

I saw one on the road in the early 90's going up I-15 toward Vegas from LA. They ended up at the Eagle's rally in Vegas. Really looked wierd with the driver sitting in the middle and up so high. The interior was stripped and they were just starting to work on it. Have no idea what ever happened to it.
Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2006, 11:27:09 AM »

Jim, I think that even if I’d started on something like this, I still couldn’t find a Brill manual. I’ve been searching for some time, now—and (might,) have a found a good lead.

Brill,

About 20 years ago, a friend found all the blue prints for a '20s biplane he was working on at the Smithsonian.  Don't kbnow if that's a possibility or how to go about it. Have any congressmen in your back pocket??

Len

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
eglluvr

The Quest is But The Beginning...

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2006, 01:37:50 PM »

I saw one on the road in the early 90's going up I-15 toward Vegas from LA. They ended up at the Eagle's rally in Vegas. Really looked wierd with the driver sitting in the middle and up so high. The interior was stripped and they were just starting to work on it. Have no idea what ever happened to it.
Richard

I wonder if it was the one that the guy converted to a motorhome.  Check the "Other Futureliners" link and it tell you about the other nine that they know about

Jim
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2006, 02:59:44 PM »

Richard

I wonder if it was the one that the guy converted to a motorhome.  Check the "Other Futureliners" link and it tell you about the other nine that they know about

Jim

Yes. I suspect it is the first one listed that was converted by Bob Valdez.
Richard

belfert

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2006, 07:53:03 PM »

I recently saw the video of the Futurliner restoration at a bus rally.  I believe on the video (maybe the website) they say the Futurliner is not a bus because it was never intended to carry any passengers.

Brian Elfert
belfert

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2006, 07:00:34 AM »

I was looking at the Futurliner web site today and saw that MAK owns one of the remaining Futurliners.

Brian Elfert
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2006, 12:07:44 PM »

Nice newsletter for you desert rats. Good writeup this month on Quartzite.

http://www.desertusa.com/newsletter/nov06.html
« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 12:15:58 PM by DrivingMissLazy » Logged

Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2006, 05:35:26 PM »

Some historic busses from Wisconsin,

http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/whi/results.asp?subject_narrow=School+children--Transportation

Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2006, 05:37:37 PM »

This is a crude interpetation of a natrual gas powered Bus.....

Nick-

Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2006, 05:40:10 PM »

How about Hi-Tech in-motion Satelite system.......

Nick-

Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2006, 05:42:05 PM »

Ok, 1 more,    How much stuff can you carry?

Nick-

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: