Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 02, 2014, 11:53:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Time for a new compressor???  (Read 505 times)
travlinman

Ignore
« on: September 08, 2012, 02:34:55 PM »

Hey Guys,

We just finished a 1000 mile reposition and the bus ran great, something to never take for granted. But I now have a lovely oil stain on my transmission courtesy of the drain valve on my air reservoir. Looks like time for a new air compressor to me but there is a lot I don't know about this old bus! Check out the attached photos and let me know what you think. We are just outside Sacramento now and will be in California and Arizona for the rest of the year slowly heading south. So a mechanic recommendation would be good. Ideally someone who knows GM 2 Strokes as my fan drive is leaking and it would be great to get both of them fixed at the same time.

Cheers,

TM

Steve & Kristen Full time nomads since '06 - PD4106-674  8V71/V730
Geoff

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 03:58:52 PM »

Yup, you are getting oil past the air compressor rings.  Possibly your air intake for the air compressor is clogged up making the compressor suck oil, or it is just worn out.

--Geoff

Geoff
'82 RTS AZ
bkelly1011
Brad Kelly

Nope, not my bus.

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 06:13:00 PM »

That engine compartment is so clean and neat I think even I could actually figure out what was going on.

Busnut wannabe.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: