Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 24, 2014, 09:51:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stuck injector  (Read 2838 times)
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2006, 06:51:41 AM »

I do have the manuals and the shut down is not tripped. I have rigged a temporary setup so that I can trip it from the rear with a 6' cord in case of a run away.

I am reasonably "book smart" on this bus, read all the manuals cover to cover, just no hands on with the injector system.  I am trying to learn all I can from a practical point so as not to make any stupid (expensive) mistakes.

Thanks all,

Len

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
Len Silva

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2006, 01:55:10 PM »

I ran lacquer thinner  through the head with an electric fuel pump for about an hour (a hint I read about somewhere), no joy.  No. 2 injector still stuck tight as a drum.

I tried to pull the injector but because the injector rack is stuck all the way out, I can't get it past the control tube.  I'll have to remove the tube to continue.

The other five injectors work but they a very stiff, don't return to idle without manual help.

So, where do I get injectors and what should I expect to pay for them? I've seen them from $158.00 each to $15.00 on eBay.  I don't know what I have until I get it out.

Anybody know a DD guy in North Central Florida/South Georgia?

Thanks,

Len

Hand Made Gifts

Len Silva

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2006, 09:15:08 AM »

I was pretty depressed yesterday, five very stiff injectors and one completely locked up.  I went out this morning and what do you think?  The rack worked smoothly and the one stuck injector that I had removed was free.

Put it all back together and using an electric fuel pump straight in and out of the head, it started on the first turn.  A little lopey at idle but strong and smooth with just a little fuel.

I only ran it for a minute and now I'll go put the whole fuel system back together.

It's a good day  Cheesy

Len

Hand Made Gifts

mikeH8H-649

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2006, 09:21:52 AM »

Good for you Len,glad to hear things are working in your favor now  Mike
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: