Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
April 20, 2014, 07:32:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stuck injector  (Read 2206 times)
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2006, 06:51:41 AM »

I do have the manuals and the shut down is not tripped. I have rigged a temporary setup so that I can trip it from the rear with a 6' cord in case of a run away.

I am reasonably "book smart" on this bus, read all the manuals cover to cover, just no hands on with the injector system.  I am trying to learn all I can from a practical point so as not to make any stupid (expensive) mistakes.

Thanks all,

Len

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
Len Silva

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2006, 01:55:10 PM »

I ran lacquer thinner  through the head with an electric fuel pump for about an hour (a hint I read about somewhere), no joy.  No. 2 injector still stuck tight as a drum.

I tried to pull the injector but because the injector rack is stuck all the way out, I can't get it past the control tube.  I'll have to remove the tube to continue.

The other five injectors work but they a very stiff, don't return to idle without manual help.

So, where do I get injectors and what should I expect to pay for them? I've seen them from $158.00 each to $15.00 on eBay.  I don't know what I have until I get it out.

Anybody know a DD guy in North Central Florida/South Georgia?

Thanks,

Len

Hand Made Gifts

Len Silva

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2006, 09:15:08 AM »

I was pretty depressed yesterday, five very stiff injectors and one completely locked up.  I went out this morning and what do you think?  The rack worked smoothly and the one stuck injector that I had removed was free.

Put it all back together and using an electric fuel pump straight in and out of the head, it started on the first turn.  A little lopey at idle but strong and smooth with just a little fuel.

I only ran it for a minute and now I'll go put the whole fuel system back together.

It's a good day  Cheesy

Len

Hand Made Gifts

mikeH8H-649

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2006, 09:21:52 AM »

Good for you Len,glad to hear things are working in your favor now  Mike
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: