Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 02, 2014, 05:12:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Road King Shocks  (Read 766 times)
wayne
1990 Setra 215 HDH

www.mybusgarage.com

Ignore
« on: September 11, 2012, 06:45:07 AM »

Has anyone experienced these Road King Shocks. They are very pricey and claim to be the best shock out there, preventing sway, even making up for stabilizers. I have read the feedback from customers on their website but cannot find anyone that has tried them. I would like to put these on the front of mine.

luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 06:57:16 AM »

Wayne, I only know of 1 person that uses the King on his Prevost he says they are not any better than the Koni he replaced man those are pricey but they look good but almost 3 grand for the set (6 or 8 )that he paid that would buy a lot of Monroe shocks lol

good luck
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 07:02:35 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
wayne
1990 Setra 215 HDH

www.mybusgarage.com

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 07:44:11 AM »

Where could I find a Bus knowledgeable distributor for Monroes or Koni. I have tried locally including Napa and some heavy truck parts stores including Traction Truck Parts but I they can't seem to help. I asked BK about a year ago when I started on the suspension but He didn't have any notes for front shocks in his Setra files. I really don't want to spend Road King kind of money ($700.00) just for a front pair but so far they are the only ones who have said they know exactly what I need.

stevet903

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 08:22:53 AM »

The Koni part number for the fronts you are looking for is 90-1490 -

http://www.koni-na.com/pdfcatalogs/KONI004Catalog.pdf

Looks like they are $220

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/KON-90-1490/

No listing in the Monroe catalog

http://www.monroeheavyduty.com/catalog/docs/MCV_Buses_and_Coaches.pdf
B_K

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 09:23:26 AM »

Hey Wayne good to hear from ya again. And looks like Steve just solved the problem for both of us.

Monroe should be able to "cross" Koni's # over to theirs if you "had" to have Monroe.
My self I think I'm gonna give the Koni's a try.
Grin  BK  Grin
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2012, 09:33:48 AM »

I have Monroe shocks on my transit (strange that the front and rear are the same-but the air bags are different sized).  They ride just fine.  And at about $80.00 apiece... Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
wayne
1990 Setra 215 HDH

www.mybusgarage.com

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2012, 10:14:43 AM »

The Koni's for my front are $221.00 (pretty pricey). I think for the small difference in price I'm going to go with the Road Kings. I've had Koni's on some of my other vehicles and find them to be a bit harsh.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: