Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 22, 2014, 04:42:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Road King Shocks  (Read 762 times)
wayne
1990 Setra 215 HDH

www.mybusgarage.com

Ignore
« on: September 11, 2012, 06:45:07 AM »

Has anyone experienced these Road King Shocks. They are very pricey and claim to be the best shock out there, preventing sway, even making up for stabilizers. I have read the feedback from customers on their website but cannot find anyone that has tried them. I would like to put these on the front of mine.

luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 06:57:16 AM »

Wayne, I only know of 1 person that uses the King on his Prevost he says they are not any better than the Koni he replaced man those are pricey but they look good but almost 3 grand for the set (6 or 8 )that he paid that would buy a lot of Monroe shocks lol

good luck
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 07:02:35 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
wayne
1990 Setra 215 HDH

www.mybusgarage.com

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 07:44:11 AM »

Where could I find a Bus knowledgeable distributor for Monroes or Koni. I have tried locally including Napa and some heavy truck parts stores including Traction Truck Parts but I they can't seem to help. I asked BK about a year ago when I started on the suspension but He didn't have any notes for front shocks in his Setra files. I really don't want to spend Road King kind of money ($700.00) just for a front pair but so far they are the only ones who have said they know exactly what I need.

stevet903

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 08:22:53 AM »

The Koni part number for the fronts you are looking for is 90-1490 -

http://www.koni-na.com/pdfcatalogs/KONI004Catalog.pdf

Looks like they are $220

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/KON-90-1490/

No listing in the Monroe catalog

http://www.monroeheavyduty.com/catalog/docs/MCV_Buses_and_Coaches.pdf
B_K

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 09:23:26 AM »

Hey Wayne good to hear from ya again. And looks like Steve just solved the problem for both of us.

Monroe should be able to "cross" Koni's # over to theirs if you "had" to have Monroe.
My self I think I'm gonna give the Koni's a try.
Grin  BK  Grin
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2012, 09:33:48 AM »

I have Monroe shocks on my transit (strange that the front and rear are the same-but the air bags are different sized).  They ride just fine.  And at about $80.00 apiece... Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
wayne
1990 Setra 215 HDH

www.mybusgarage.com

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2012, 10:14:43 AM »

The Koni's for my front are $221.00 (pretty pricey). I think for the small difference in price I'm going to go with the Road Kings. I've had Koni's on some of my other vehicles and find them to be a bit harsh.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: