Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 24, 2014, 01:43:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Coach and Maiden Trip home....could use some advise ;)  (Read 2407 times)
LowTide

Ignore
« on: September 13, 2012, 03:46:36 PM »

The time day is getting closer to pick up our Coach and I must say we are totally stoked!

We will be flying into Salisbury Maryland on October 5th and spending a few days with oldmansax and his wife and then loading the coach up with food....Crab cakes for Cliff....LOL and anything else we will need for the trip home.
As you already know our maiden trip will be from Salisbury to Arizona and would like your input on what yall might think of this scenic route as we meander home.

Our tentative plan is to leave Salisbury taking the 13 through the Chesapeake Bay Bridge tunnel into the Norfolk area where we will pick up the 17 and head down the coast then pick up 95 down to 10, then take 10 west to Arizona, OR we could take 17 down into South Carolina and pick up the 20 West to Arizona.

Our thoughts thoughts were to follow along the Atlantic coast and possibly even find a nice beachfront RV resort to stay at for a night or two or split it up between a couple of RV Resorts along the way. If anyone could recommend a few good beachfront RV resorts or scenic places to stop along the Atlantic Coast or the Gulf area, we would really appreciate it.
We would also like feedback about the different planned route(s)...possible traffic congestion...places to avoid and so on.

The ocean is a big excitement for us because we don't get to see that large of a mass of water living in the Desert so we thought that route would be fun and scenic or we could cut off the coast early and skip the gulf coast area.

I will attach some images of our new baby!

Thanks so much!
Mike

« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 04:44:06 PM by LowTide » Logged

Mike and Lori
Sunny Phoenix Arizona
"1973 MCI MC-7 Challenger"

"A nation of sheep helps breed a government of wolves"
pabusnut

P8M4905A-333 former MK&O lines #731

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 04:28:57 PM »

Good for You! Grin

So if it is the Madden trip, are you stopping at every football venue on the way home.
If it were the Madden trip, you would be riding in a bus east also! Ha!

Along about October, I think stopping along the gulf / Pensacola area would be nice.
I think I would take 95 to 85 to Atlanta, then 85 to 65 to 10 and backtrack a little bit to the Pensacola/Ft Walton Beach area.  That would be really nice about that time.

I think Wanderlodges are nice, and I have seen them being built in the factory, but I'm not sure I would trade a nice MCI for one!

Steve Toomey
PAbusnut

Steve Toomey
PAbusnut
LowTide

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 04:49:17 PM »

Good for You! Grin

So if it is the Madden trip, are you stopping at every football venue on the way home.
If it were the Madden trip, you would be riding in a bus east also! Ha!

Along about October, I think stopping along the gulf / Pensacola area would be nice.
I think I would take 95 to 85 to Atlanta, then 85 to 65 to 10 and backtrack a little bit to the Pensacola/Ft Walton Beach area.  That would be really nice about that time.

I think Wanderlodges are nice, and I have seen them being built in the factory, but I'm not sure I would trade a nice MCI for one!

Steve Toomey
PAbusnut

I know, I messed up on the spelling, but got it corrected....quickly....glad you can modify titles...LOL

I will check out the route you mentioned, thanks for the reply!

Mike and Lori
Sunny Phoenix Arizona

oldmansax
Tom & Phyllis

'82 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 05:01:19 PM »

Steve Toomey
PAbusnut

I don't want to hijack Mike's thread but if I could still drive it, I wouldn't be selling it. I can't bend my knee far enough to set in the drivers seat anymore.

TOM

'82 BlueBird WanderLodge PT40 being rebuilt
Delaware

DON'T STEAL! The government hates competition!
Dave5Cs

1979 MCI MC5Cs 6V-71 HT-740 Allison, Roseville, CA

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 05:27:55 PM »

Oh come on now a true Busnut would just get rid of the knee eh!.....Lol

Dave5Cs Shocked

luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2012, 06:27:10 PM »

I don't care if Tom can drive or Mike misspelled a word I am just worried about the crab cakes arriving in Phoenix lol sad to see one go Tom but there comes a time in life one thing you know it is going to a good home 

I saw his Spartan from a distance a lot of TLC went into it same will happen to your x bus I am sure, see you in Quartzsite Mike

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2012, 05:18:21 AM »

The Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel is an experience in itself.  It holds a special place for me because I was among the first 100 drivers to cross it when I was in the Navy.  Take some time to stop at the pier midway across, you cannot see land on either side.

The crossing is a combination of bridges and tunnels so that if attacked, it would not lock the Navy fleet in Norfolk.

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
oldmansax
Tom & Phyllis

'82 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2012, 05:32:46 AM »

They don't allow you to stop at the midway pier with anything bigger than a car anymore. I have seen a couple of cars with small trailers stopped but no trucks, big trailers or motor homes.

Welcome to the new world   Angry

TOM

'82 BlueBird WanderLodge PT40 being rebuilt
Delaware

DON'T STEAL! The government hates competition!
ol713

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2012, 07:32:38 AM »

Hi Mike;
      Nice looking MC-7.   I have one also.   Fun to drive.   
      Since you are close to Vergina, a stop at Williamsburg Va would
      be worth your time. A lot of history there.
      Also, if you take I-10, a stop in Mobile Alabama might have more
      naval history.   There is a battle ship USS Alabama is on display.
      I made that trip about 10yrs ago from Maryland to Calif and would
      like to do it again.       
                                          Merle. 
Kevinmc5

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2012, 04:11:58 PM »

Nice looking bus. I really like the look of the 7

Good luck and enjoy the ride

Kevin

1964 4106-2471 8v71 Boise ID Driving any place I can Fit
LowTide

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2012, 05:50:21 PM »

I don't care if Tom can drive or Mike misspelled a word I am just worried about the crab cakes arriving in Phoenix lol sad to see one go Tom but there comes a time in life one thing you know it is going to a good home 

I saw his Spartan from a distance a lot of TLC went into it same will happen to your x bus I am sure, see you in Quartzsite Mike

good luck

LOL, I am sure your crab cakes are going to make it home....errrr. We are going to load up, I am hoping to pick up some scrapple too.

The Spartan, I have to admit she was my baby and the day the fellow pulled her away and shed a few tears. If our RV plans had not taken a different direction, we would still have her and I knew she went to a good home because to the touching story this old timer told me.

There is no doubt we will take good care of her, shes family Wink

We have the Quartzite rally on the calender. My better half is undergoing surgery on her shoulder a few days before the rally starts and we will have to see how she feels.....heck a couple of pain pills and she will be doing fine......LOL

All the best
Mike

Mike and Lori
Sunny Phoenix Arizona

LowTide

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2012, 05:56:58 PM »

The Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel is an experience in itself.  It holds a special place for me because I was among the first 100 drivers to cross it when I was in the Navy.  Take some time to stop at the pier midway across, you cannot see land on either side.

The crossing is a combination of bridges and tunnels so that if attacked, it would not lock the Navy fleet in Norfolk.

We would have loved to go over the Chesapeake Bay Bridge, but we were trying to avoid the area around the DC area. The views looked great from what we saw in pictures and I am sure the tunnel will be an experience....we have nothing close to this out west.

I am curious, when you say you crossed when you were a diver in the Navy....not sure what you meant. Did you cross above or below water?

All the best!
Mike

Mike and Lori
Sunny Phoenix Arizona

LowTide

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2012, 05:58:54 PM »

They don't allow you to stop at the midway pier with anything bigger than a car anymore. I have seen a couple of cars with small trailers stopped but no trucks, big trailers or motor homes.

Welcome to the new world   Angry

TOM

You mean we can't play the dumb tourists card.....LOL

Mike and Lori
Sunny Phoenix Arizona

LowTide

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2012, 06:03:03 PM »

Hi Mike;
      Nice looking MC-7.   I have one also.   Fun to drive.   
      Since you are close to Vergina, a stop at Williamsburg Va would
      be worth your time. A lot of history there.
      Also, if you take I-10, a stop in Mobile Alabama might have more
      naval history.   There is a battle ship USS Alabama is on display.
      I made that trip about 10yrs ago from Maryland to Calif and would
      like to do it again.       
                                          Merle. 

Thanks for the coach compliments and possible places to visit. Maybe we will run into each other some day and exchange some tales.

Mike and Lori
Sunny Phoenix Arizona

LowTide

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2012, 06:05:09 PM »

Nice looking bus. I really like the look of the 7

Good luck and enjoy the ride

Kevin

Thanks, out of all the MCI's we did have the 7 at the top of the list.

Oh, we can't wait for the ride home......can't get here quick enough Wink

Mike and Lori
Sunny Phoenix Arizona

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: