Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 23, 2014, 12:55:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Coach and Maiden Trip home....could use some advise ;)  (Read 2402 times)
LowTide

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2012, 06:07:49 PM »

I want to take a moment to apologize to everyone for all the post to each member, but I can not figure out how to multi quote? I can seem to find a tab or button?

All the best
Mike

Mike and Lori
Sunny Phoenix Arizona
"1973 MCI MC-7 Challenger"

"A nation of sheep helps breed a government of wolves"
pabusnut

P8M4905A-333 former MK&O lines #731

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2012, 06:45:23 PM »

Tom,

I am just kidding! Grin  I know how hard it is to part with any bus that you have "made your own".  Even though my GM5301 was poorly converted and had zero storage, I still hated to see it go.  Embarrassed

Mike & Lori--I didn't think anybody outside of Central PA even knew what scrapple was ----Unless they're from here!

Steve Toomey
PAbusnut

Steve Toomey
PAbusnut
LowTide

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2012, 07:08:03 PM »

Mike & Lori--I didn't think anybody outside of Central PA even knew what scrapple was ----Unless they're from here!

Steve Toomey
PAbusnut

Steve,

My Family roots are from Delaware and every summer I would stay with my Grandparents and we would have scrapple every the morning.....nothing like the smell of scrapple and coffee to wake up to....even though I was not allowed coffee at my age.

I am so looking forward to getting my hands on some real scrapple, because what they sell for scrapple out here is terrible and worthy of the trash can toss......LOL

Mike and Lori
Sunny Phoenix Arizona

John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2012, 07:17:46 PM »

Mike,                                                                                                                                                                                                ^^^^^

I am glad to hear that you got the Sax's 7. Looks like a good coach.

You can quote multiple folks by clicking on the "Insert Quote" button on the upper right had side of each post, when you are creating a new post.

Make sense? Maybe not. Okay, when you reply to my post, click on the "Reply" button. Then scroll down to where you can see my post. There will be the "Insert Quote" button right up there (look up here^^^^). Click that button, and you are set.

Enjoy.

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2012, 07:25:28 PM »

October on the Florida panhandle coast campgrounds can get crowded. We usually make run that time of year to Destin/Fort Walton Beach area.  Ck out Florida St park camp grounds for openings to get ideas.  Area  camp grounds we like there are Henderson Beach , Topsail Hill  and Saint Andrews @ Panama City  all top of the line!  If you decide to to St Augustine area    that's a whole differant adventure which could include Silver Springs on Hwy 40 & Daytona tour.  Bob
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 07:29:09 PM by robertglines1 » Logged

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2012, 08:06:47 PM »

Just tell  FL hi and bye and head for New Orleans where you can get real food lol the State of La  has some nice state parks and are cheap to stay at.

We stay at Bayou Segnett in New Orleans when we are there it is close to everything walking distance of were all the shrimp boats come to unload and sell their catch

Let me know when you plan to hit that area we maybe there.

I go early to beat Wayne (Rusty on the board here) to the crayfish when he hits town the craw-fish the population goes down in hurry he stays with the crawfish for eating but I do like the muffaletta sandwiches really not much food in New Orleans I don't like lol

good luck 

Life is short drink the good wine first
LowTide

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2012, 06:48:02 PM »

October on the Florida panhandle coast campgrounds can get crowded. We usually make run that time of year to Destin/Fort Walton Beach area.  Ck out Florida St park camp grounds for openings to get ideas.  Area  camp grounds we like there are Henderson Beach , Topsail Hill  and Saint Andrews @ Panama City  all top of the line!  If you decide to to St Augustine area    that's a whole differant adventure which could include Silver Springs on Hwy 40 & Daytona tour.  Bob

Thanks for the information, Bob. We appreciate it!

Mike and Lori
Sunny Phoenix Arizona

LowTide

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2012, 06:52:30 PM »

Just tell  FL hi and bye and head for New Orleans where you can get real food lol the State of La  has some nice state parks and are cheap to stay at.

We stay at Bayou Segnett in New Orleans when we are there it is close to everything walking distance of were all the shrimp boats come to unload and sell their catch

Let me know when you plan to hit that area we maybe there.

I go early to beat Wayne (Rusty on the board here) to the crayfish when he hits town the craw-fish the population goes down in hurry he stays with the crawfish for eating but I do like the muffaletta sandwiches really not much food in New Orleans I don't like lol

good luck 

You said the magic word....shrimp Wink We will keep in touch and hopefully the timing will be right so we can meet.
Maybe I can give you your crab cakes and fill the freezer with shrimp......providing they are available.......LOL
Thanks for info too.

Mike

Mike and Lori
Sunny Phoenix Arizona

rusty

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2012, 06:15:13 AM »

Did somebody say something about Crawfish ?
RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2012, 10:56:51 PM »

I want to take a moment to apologize to everyone for all the post to each member, but I can not figure out how to multi quote? I can seem to find a tab or button?

Mike -

I find it a lot easier to just click on the "B" button above for bold text, then type the person's name I'm directing my comments to within the brackets.

If I want to comment to multiple folk, I just repeat the process for each person after skipping a line (double space).

I have also used the "insert quote" feature from time to time, it, too, is handy, but can clutter a message, IMHO.

FWIW & HTH. . .

Wink

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
LowTide

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2012, 06:18:34 PM »

Mike -

I find it a lot easier to just click on the "B" button above for bold text, then type the person's name I'm directing my comments to within the brackets.

If I want to comment to multiple folk, I just repeat the process for each person after skipping a line (double space).

I have also used the "insert quote" feature from time to time, it, too, is handy, but can clutter a message, IMHO.

FWIW & HTH. . .

Wink

RJ

Thanks for the tip, will be sure to try it next time around.

Mike and Lori
Sunny Phoenix Arizona

Kwajdiver
MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2012, 06:43:50 PM »

Low Tide,

I would follow the coast to Savannah, Ga.  two days there. The down A1 to St Augustine, FLA.
Depending on time, there are two ways to move to the Florida panhandle.
The fast way, take Interstate 10 over to Panama City, Florida. The the coast 98 to Pensacola.

However, if time pemits, I'd leave St Augustine ( the oldest city in America) take 207/20/26 through Gainesville then 19 North to Perry, and the costal road 98 to Pensacola.  You'd see the heart of Florida and some beautiful coast.

I love back roads, when time permits.   Grin

Shouldn't be to bad finding a place to park. 

Just my 2 cents.

Bill

Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
V-6-92 Detroit, Allison 5 spd auto
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI
expressbus

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2012, 08:40:07 AM »

Mike,

Congratulations on the new to you bus. It does look mighty nice in those photos.

You might want to consider taking the 95 to the 40 in North Carolina. Go 40 west into the mountains and there should be some leafy colors to look at. Heck, if you want you can take the 40 all the way to the 17? and drop down into Phoenix. If you do take the 40 then a stop at Tom Sawyer's RV Park in West Memphis, Arkansas is in order. Its not oceanfront, and with the drought I don't know how much waterfront there will be, but it is right on the Mississippi River, something else you don't have out west!

The 40 is also much less crowded than the 95 and would be a more relaxing and scenic ride for the wifey. There may be some other I-route possibilities to drop back south to the 20 or 10 west of the Missiissippi but I'd have to check a map, who has one of them anymore, to plot a route.

That's my 2 (where the heck did the cent key go on the keyboard) cents worth.

Will

Will Garner, Jr
Southern Pines, NC
1991 Prevost Conversion by Country Coach
Slow Rider
Global Moderator

« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2012, 08:43:43 AM »

If you decide to take I-40 west then you will pass right by Bryce's ( aka: Busted Knuckle or BK ) place.  Try to stop and say hello.  Just be careful of his dogs!  They have a high slobber content Smiley

Isn't it grand when other folks plan your trip for you    lol

Frank

The MCI has landed..... We are home.
Dale City Va.  Just a southern suburb of DC
Yes I am a BUSNUT
1976 MCI MC8
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2012, 01:45:19 PM »

Will,

There never was a key.  You can use (ALT)-0162

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: