Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 23, 2014, 02:08:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NRG (Westside)  (Read 10206 times)
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« on: September 15, 2012, 02:11:22 PM »

Lvmci and I have been kicking around the thought of doing a little gathering before the Q run here at http://lakemeadrvvillage.com/. anyone is welcome to join in, maybe some of you early snow birds headed south would like to join in, no date set but thinking some where in November. any one interested give a hollar, just a gathering of busnuts or wanna be bus nuts, having a great time before the great time at the Q.
   Tom/Tami/Cheryl and I had a great time today. started with breakfast at the coffee Cup here in Boulder City where we met them, they were on their motorcycle so it was a good excuse to pull out the chopper for a ride. Latter we rode over to our coach to give em' the 5 cent tour of our Desert Eagle, we thought how much fun we all could have with a little gathering down at the Lake mead rv park. So, if there is any one interested in having a great time lets belly up to the bar  Grin and let us know. you can respond here, shoot me a PM or give me a jingle @ 702-664-4265 thx.

van
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 02:28:57 PM by Van » Logged

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
lvmci

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 09:42:36 PM »

Hi All you Southern Nevada Bus Nuts, hey all you north and central Arizonans and southern Californians, how about all you southwestern Utah bus converters, here's a special invite to you all and to any other of you friendly bus enthusiasts, to come to beautiful, sunny, and comfortable lake Meade in mid November, park in a shady spot overlooking the largest man made lake in the US, cook up some good times and share some camaraderie, if you can't come, sorry it would've been great and you'll be missed, but give a shout anyway, tom, lvmci...

MCI5A 8V71 Allison MT643
Utahclaimjumper

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 06:33:51 AM »

SET A DATE! to make it plan-able, Red Rider and I are looking for a "quicky" get-a-way during that time frame and the distance is doable with little effort.>>>Dan

Utahclaimjumper 
 EX 4106 (presently SOB)
Cedar City, Ut.
 72 VW Baja towed
Van
Billy Van Hagen

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2012, 07:20:54 AM »

Hi Dan, no dates yet but give us an idea of ya'lls time frame and we can start from there.
Hopefully others will chime in too. I have fancied this idea, after seeing how well the NRG movement is working in the southeast. Having talked with Ace a few times on the telephonic device, we concluded that an NRG event could be possibly a good thing to have out here on the left coast also.
NRG, a Non Rally Gathering, is just that, just a simple non club event where people can just get together meet other busnuts or potential busnuts and have a great time, see first hand what all the cyber hoop-la is all about. I know I speak for Tom and quite a few to say we love meeting other busnuts and seeing what they have accomplished with their rigs, sharing their travel stories, and learning new tips and tricks to make this life style so desirable. So it does not matter whether you are well versed or a newbie, heck you don't even need a bus bring what ya have even if it is a tent, there are accommodations for dry camping right next door.

Looking forward to meeting you all
            Van Wink Wink   

RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2012, 01:32:32 PM »

Van -

I'd like to suggest the weekends of Nov 10/11 or 17/18.

10/11 might be better, as 17/18 is just before Thanksgiving, which may affect folk's travel plans for Turkey Day.

You decide?

FWIW & HTH. . .

Wink

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
Utahclaimjumper

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2012, 01:40:57 PM »

Why wait?? the 3rd-4th looks good.>>>Dan

Utahclaimjumper 
 EX 4106 (presently SOB)
Cedar City, Ut.
 72 VW Baja towed
Ace

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2012, 03:19:59 PM »

Van its good to see you carrying out what we had discussed! Dont be discouraged if nobody shows at first, remember two coaches make an NRG and keep in mind, if you build it, they will come! If they don't, only YOU know what they are missing!
Good luck and have fun! Thats what it's all about. Not formal meetings and time wasting discussions that end up with nothing being solved!
Just doing it gets people together and buses out of the yards!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2012, 04:03:36 PM »

Van is up to his old tricks he just releases the brakes on his bus and it rolls down the hill to RV park the only guy I know that gets a true 20 MPG on a 6v92

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
Van
Billy Van Hagen

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2012, 05:07:58 PM »

;DLol! Clifford, you quack me up buddy lol! That's why I don't I don't git involved in fuel mileage discussions, no one would believe me any who Grin I could do the whole trip on a couple of gallons Grin.
 Ace thanks for the encouragement, always welcome for sure Wink Smiley well then it will be an official NRG event for sure and thanks to lvmci (Tom) and his lovely bride for showing so much interest in doing a get together Wink
  Thanks much Dan and Rj for the suggestions, I will go down to the park this week and check out the suggested dates with the managment. Incidently this happens to be a very bus friendly rv park, one of the head hostesses, fella named Tony is a retired trailways/hound driver and loves when a bus rolls in, any bus Grin Grin

More to follow...
 thanks all!  Wink
   Van

lvmci

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2012, 06:07:07 PM »

Hi All, for all you potential bus nuts gathering at Lake Mead, Nov average temperature is 68/44 degrees, "...the water temperature is pleasant through late fall and air temperatures are comfortable even during winter days.". Your trips into Las Vegas 20 to 30 miles away, may be a little warmer,  commensurate with how much money you loose, alcohol is now available in Boulder City, thanks to the lobbying efforts of Van, so you no longer have to leave Boulder to imbibe. If your are a fan of peanut butter pancakes they are available at the Coffee Cup dinner, recently featured on the Discovery Channel located in the quaint village downtown BC. The Boulder Dam Hotel has a great restaurant, straight out of the 1930s, guests included Presidents, dignitaries and some busnuts. Oh, before I forget, there's a cute roadside landmark called the Boulder Dam (Hoover Dam for all you non Southern Nevadans) nearby. Don't forget, keep Vegas green, bring money, lvmci...

MCI5A 8V71 Allison MT643
travlinman

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2012, 07:04:33 PM »

I second for a set date, with the proper motivation we could be in Vegas for a bit of rock climbing and a bus NRG would be just the motivation to get us down there!

Cheers,

TM

Steve & Kristen Full time nomads since '06 - PD4106-674  8V71/V730
Van
Billy Van Hagen

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2012, 09:15:32 PM »

That's great news TM, The 10-11 date sounds great to me Smiley, I will verify with the camp host tomorrow just to be sure and let ya'll know.

Van Smiley
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 06:40:19 AM by Van » Logged

Van
Billy Van Hagen

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2012, 07:03:21 PM »

It's on! November 10-11th, I will be checking in early on the 9th and will be down in the lake view spaces for that beautiful unobstructed view of the lake. So pack yer bags and make your way on over here Wink We look forward to seeing ya there! Wink I'll post a lil thingy in the Calender section so as not to hold up traffic here Grin

Van Smiley Smiley

Red Rider
God put me here to accomplish certain things--- I'm so far behind I'll never die.

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2012, 05:42:55 PM »

Van

Sorry, I won't be able to make it. Western GM has a board meeting Nov 10/12 2012 in Golden Valley AZ. I wish I'd seen your post sooner. The Bus conversion community needs more and fresh ideas and you folks hit on a great plan.

Good luck and like Ace said "build it and they will come.

Mike AKA; Red Rider 4106-1885
Van
Billy Van Hagen

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2012, 05:52:13 PM »

Thanks Mike we will miss you guys but understand for sure Wink
 Wave hi when ya go by will ya Grin and give your darling wife a squeeze for us Smiley Smiley
  If you guys get too board  Grin with your meeting, just come on up to the lake instead Grin Grin

Van

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: