Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 12:40:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Going Shopping in Elkhart- any suggestions?  (Read 383 times)
Gerry H

1992 Prevost LeMirage XL-40 8V92 740 Allison

Ignore
« on: September 17, 2012, 07:00:39 AM »

Hello all:
   Wife and I are planning a trip to Elkhart, Indiana shopping for some items for the bus. We're going to Bradd & Hall to talk couch/sleeper units, Factory RV Surplus to pickup a rooftop AC we ordered, Also looking for a 28"x38" tabletop and leg support, and a Winegard TV antenna. If anyone has any recommendations on stores or eateries we should also visit, please chime in. I know there's alot of places there on both sides of the border, more than we can possibly squeeze in due to our timing, so word of mouth is what we're listening for. Christmas is coming early!
Thanks Gerry H

Forest Lake, Minnesota
Land of 10,000 mosquitoes and a few cool buses
sledhead

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 07:10:59 AM »

Hi    Gerry   when my wife , I built our coach we got almost all of the things we needed at rv surplus . zip # 46514 witch included 2 ultra leather j couches,stove top rg, ceiling material,2 power capt. chairs ,  booth mat.misc other parts .    hope they are still there as this was in 2006 . great prices. hope this helps               dave

1990 mci 102c  6v92 ta ht740  kit,living room slide . home base huntsville ontario canada
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 07:16:14 AM »

RV Surplus is still open, but they moved to another location in June.  They held an auction at the original location to clean out the place so I assume the new place is smaller.

Good luck finding Factory RV Surplus actually open for business unless things have changed.  I have made two or three visits to Elkhart and only once was Factory RV Surplus actually open during their stated business hours.  I asked at RV Surplus and they said that was the norm for Factory RV Surplus.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: