Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 30, 2014, 06:27:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: X10000 Manifold System  (Read 1397 times)
Seangie
www.herdofturtles.org

And We're Off... Like a Herd of Turtles

Ignore
« on: September 19, 2012, 11:35:41 AM »

I put together a new water manifold system for my bus.  I am calling it the X10000.

Feel free to copy, duplicate, improve on or ridicule the design.  Just wanted to share in case anyone else needed some ideas or could improve upon this one.

See the pics below.  This is based on (2) MiniBlocs from Viega and then I built the enclosure around it.  I wanted to have a single direction for all the supply lines to run.  It also allows an 3/8" input and/or output from either side of the manifold.  The total cost was about 115$ for the manifolds, 15$ for the "Viega Supply Adapters" and about 20$ for wood and screws.  Paint is optional Smiley

cut pieces laid out

box without doors - testing the manifold fitting - I had to dremel the holes slightly larger.  When i marked them I forgot to check them with the mounts installed.

Manifold Box with swinging doors mounted - Just need to install latches now.

View from the top

another view from the top

I'll post more pics once it's installed on the bus.

-Sean
www.herdofturtles.org

« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 11:39:22 AM by Seangie » Logged

'Cause you know we,
we live in a van (Eagle 10 Suburban)
Driving through the night
To that old promised land'
sledhead

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 11:43:24 AM »

nice job looks great . Is it for hot,cold domestic water or heat ?    dave

1990 mci 102c  6v92 ta ht740  kit,living room slide . home base huntsville ontario canada
Seangie
www.herdofturtles.org

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 11:47:49 AM »

Is it for hot,cold domestic water or heat

Dave,

It's for hot & cold domestic water.

-Sean

'Cause you know we,
Iceni John

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 12:38:59 PM »

Looks good!   It definitely looks better than mine  -  I made my cold manifold from good ol' Sch.40 PVC fittings which look Rube Goldberg-ish but work well.   I have a single 3/4" inlet from the pressure accumulator tank, and the eight valved outlets have 1/2" Sharkbite fittings for continuous runs of PEX to each appliance.

John   

1990 Crown 2R-40N-552:  6V92TAC, DDEC II, HT740, Jake.      Hecho en Chino.     
Behind the Orange Curtain, SoCal.
pabusnut

P8M4905A-333 former MK&O lines #731

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 06:18:45 PM »

Well, I thought my Viega Manablock system looked pretty snazzy in my third bay---until I saw your pictures Shocked  Now mine looks so ---well second class!

I guess until I see yours installed and working--not on the bench-- I will still feel good

Is this Busnut Envy or what? Cheesy Grin Wink

Steve Toomey
PAbusnut

Steve Toomey
PAbusnut
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 06:29:37 PM »

You guys humor me a little here what is the purpose of a manifold system in a RV I have one in mine, you have 3 fixtures and you have to run a separate line to each fixture seems like a waste of time and material to me just have something that will never be used JMO 

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
Seangie
www.herdofturtles.org

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2012, 07:56:57 PM »

Cliff - I did get a little carried away...hence the name X10000.  Smiley

'Cause you know we,
pabusnut

P8M4905A-333 former MK&O lines #731

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2012, 08:57:17 PM »

You know the old saying "If you can't afford to overdo it the first time--Don't do it at all!"!!! Grin

Did I get that right?

Steve Toomey
PAbusnut

Steve Toomey
PAbusnut
thomasinnv
Derrick Thomas

I may be nuts, but only for buses

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2012, 10:10:50 PM »

Go big or go home

Sent from my PantechP9070 using Tapatalk 2

There are three kinds of people in this world....those that make things happen, those that watch things happen, and those that just wonder what the heck is happening. Which one are you?

1977 MCI Crusader MC-8
8V71N/740
95% converted (they're never really done, are they?)
DKO

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2012, 11:22:53 PM »

You guys humor me a little here what is the purpose of a manifold system in a RV I have one in mine, you have 3 fixtures and you have to run a separate line to each fixture seems like a waste of time and material to me just have something that will never be used JMO 

The manifold is handy if you have a leak in a faucet, you can turn that one off until you get it fixed without losing complete access to water.

DKO

Home is where you go when there's no place else to go!
1995/96 Prevost XL Vantare
Scott Bennett
Scott & Heather MCI-9

Scott & Heather

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2012, 05:49:49 AM »

Sean, that looks simply amazing! Love
the attention to detail. That being said, we don't have a manifold. On/off valves at every water line inside the bus allow us to singly turn off individual lines if there is a problem. Kitchen sink, bathroom sink, toilet, fridge water/ice maker connected to reverse osmosis system, shower all have valves to shut off water. Works for us, but the manifold system is a pretty thing!

Sent from iPhone via Tapatalk

Scott & Heather
1984 MCI9 6V92-turbo with 9 inch roof raise & conversion in progress.
http://www.scottmichaelbennett.com/p/our-bus.html
˙ǝɯoɔlǝʍ suoıʇɐuop ˙snq ʍǝu ɐ pǝǝu ʎlqɐqoɹd ll,ǝʍ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2012, 06:01:31 AM »

The more connections, the more possible leaks. Grin

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
DKO

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2012, 03:53:19 PM »

"The more connections, the more possible leaks."

Actually you should have fewer connections. Each line is continuous from the manifold to the fixture so you have no Ts and other connections behind cabinets and other hard or impossible to reach places. The only connections are at the fixture and manifold. the PEX screw on fittings are pretty reliable too.

Theoretically you should have better water pressure as well when running more than one faucet. If you have one 3/8" or 1/2" line feeding both sinks, commode and the shower you no what happens when somebody turns a sink on or flushes when you are in the shower. If ieach faucet has a 3/8" or 1/2" line then your pressure should not change much if you have sufficient pressure going into the manifold.

That is how it should work in theory and how it does work for us when we are using the pump or have the hose hooked up with good water pressure.

DKO
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 03:55:22 PM by DKO » Logged

luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2012, 04:41:49 PM »

With a rv water pump like most use not your Prevost DKO most of those have a 110v water pump with a rv pump you get the same stuff with a manifold turn a fixture on no pressure on the others, 

The same amount of water passes through the manifold as a pipe

I do like the fill valve on a manifold with a hose you can fill the tank or run on city water with the turn of the valve that I like 

The manifolds were 1st used on Safari then it spread to others before Pex was ever used, It still takes a lot of pipe for that setup you are right about the fitting you don't replace the fitting you replace the line and some times that is not fun BTDT

good luck

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
DKO

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2012, 08:24:53 AM »

With a rv water pump like most use not your Prevost DKO most of those have a 110v water pump with a rv pump you get the same stuff with a manifold turn a fixture on no pressure on the others, 

The same amount of water passes through the manifold as a pipe

I do like the fill valve on a manifold with a hose you can fill the tank or run on city water with the turn of the valve that I like 

The manifolds were 1st used on Safari then it spread to others before Pex was ever used, It still takes a lot of pipe for that setup you are right about the fitting you don't replace the fitting you replace the line and some times that is not fun BTDT

good luck

My conversion has a 12V Flojet off the shelf from CW. It is the 4.5 gpm version so I get a little more flow.

I stupidly let a 75W light bulb fall against one of the lines about 8 inches from the manifold the first winter I owned this while working on something else. I damaged the line too bad to trust it.

I found a coupling at Ace Hardware, screwed it on both sides and it has not leaked a drop in nearly 4 years and a bunch of miles.

DKO

RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2012, 07:02:48 PM »

Sean -

Been watching "Home Improvement" again, eh?

Where's the Binford 5000 booster pump?

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
Seangie
www.herdofturtles.org

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2012, 07:27:08 PM »

Where's the Binford 5000 booster pump?

RJ - The 5000 is on backorder.  But as soon as it's back in stock Smiley