Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 29, 2014, 11:13:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ______MICE!/air lines  (Read 594 times)
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« on: September 19, 2012, 06:30:54 PM »

In the duct  work two air lines chewed a hole in differant lines. Repaired or should I say pulled new lines in today. About 80 ft. Lucky could just attach to old line and pull thru. Note to self: when you leave the rubber seal loose on end of duct work you invite guest. Lesson for the day.   Bob

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 04:04:43 AM »

In the prevost tunnel they have 4 inch pvc from bulk head in from of rear axle to front tire compartment. A rubber sleeve wrapped around the bundled air lines is what I left the clamps off when I quit work for a 4 month break. I actually pulled in three new lines from damage from chewing. Did not feel this was a place for a patch job! Just hoping they did no damage in the electrical duct.Plan on making sure they are no longer in duct today and there is no more leaking lines and reseal.  Bob                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
Ace

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 05:37:41 AM »

Bob learn to like cats! Our neighbor has a couple that sort of stay outside and they park under our parked bus! No problems of any kind with rodents!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
scanzel

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2012, 06:45:22 AM »

I had the same problem on my Prevost in the pvc duct, replaced lines. First time bus would not air up second time could not release parking brake. Put plenty of moth balls in bays to keep the odor strong. Also found acorns in the front heater fan assembly. Turned the windshield defrosters on high and got a face full of acorn shells. It's mice and chipmunks. Mickey & Chip & Dale.

Steve Canzellarini
Berlin, CT
1989 Prevost XL
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: