Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 18, 2014, 06:43:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where to find MCI Gear....Ball caps, T-shirts or Hoodies?  (Read 667 times)
LowTide

Ignore
« on: September 20, 2012, 08:04:03 AM »

Does anyone know where I can buy MCI gear, such as ball caps....and so on. I have found these two sites, but the selection is minimal.
http://www.cafepress.com/+mci+hats-caps
http://www.mcicoach.com/AboutUs/MCI_SignatureShop/2325.htm

I would like to find something that is embroidered which would be offered in different colors with contrasting MCI logo, maybe even a T-Shirt or long sleeve hoodie, too Smiley

I seem to be coming up empty handed with my search and it got me thinking…..beings my wife and I own a graphics company, this might be a good little biz while we are full timing. We could offer gear for several types of Buses and Coaches.

We had planned on keeping the plotter on board as we travel so we can offer banners for Rally’s or any of your bus business needs…Bus name, bus graphics…and so on.

Moderators.....If this is in the wrong section, please feel free to move it.

Thanks!
Mike
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 08:08:09 AM by LowTide » Logged

Mike and Lori
Sunny Phoenix Arizona
"1973 MCI MC-7 Challenger"

"A nation of sheep helps breed a government of wolves"
Jeremy

1987 Bedford Plaxton

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 09:25:22 AM »

Vector files of current bus logos are freely available to download (eg: https://www.brandsoftheworld.com/logo/prevost), and for those you can't find (ie. old or rare logos etc) there are lots of freelancer websites out there where you'll find people who could very quickly and cheaply create them for you. Once you've got the .eps file they can be fed into any printer / plotter / embroidery machine or whatever, and it becomes just a matter of persuading people to give you money for the things you are producing. You have to be aware of trademark issues, but generally there isn't a problem unless you are passing-off or damaging the brand in some way.

Jeremy (who used to produce printed and cut-vinyl stickers in the same way)

A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 09:50:02 AM »

I do engraved glassware and would be glad to help you out.

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2012, 11:11:50 AM »

Becky Smith makes the caps,jackets and shirts for most MCI,GM,Prevost and Eagle people and clubs 505-332-1403 there should be photos of her jackets here on the BCM she does good work send her a photo of the bus and she get the colors close she did a beautiful on mine and the wife's jackets 

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
Ace

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2012, 11:18:12 AM »

Thats not the number Clifford unless they do bed linings too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2012, 01:46:12 PM »

They do bed lining Ace her husband Jim does the spraying and Becky does the jackets,caps and shirts did you see his Harley ?  2 great people there proud to call the 2 friends

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
oldmansax
Tom & Phyllis

'82 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2012, 05:14:03 PM »

Mike,

You are ate right up with the bus thing, ain't ya?     Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

TOM

'82 BlueBird WanderLodge PT40 being rebuilt
Delaware

DON'T STEAL! The government hates competition!
LowTide

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2012, 06:33:19 PM »

Vector files of current bus logos are freely available to download (eg: https://www.brandsoftheworld.com/logo/prevost), and for those you can't find (ie. old or rare logos etc) there are lots of freelancer websites out there where you'll find people who could very quickly and cheaply create them for you. Once you've got the .eps file they can be fed into any printer / plotter / embroidery machine or whatever, and it becomes just a matter of persuading people to give you money for the things you are producing. You have to be aware of trademark issues, but generally there isn't a problem unless you are passing-off or damaging the brand in some way.

Jeremy (who used to produce printed and cut-vinyl stickers in the same way)

Thanks, I am familiar with that site and we have used it allot in the past when manufacturing signs......

I will be running the idea by our legal representative who handles our copyright materials. I do take copyright infringement serious Wink

Why did you quit running vinyl?

Mike

I do engraved glassware and would be glad to help you out.

Thanks Len, I will keep that in mind. Do you have a site of your work?

Mike

Becky Smith makes the caps,jackets and shirts for most MCI,GM,Prevost and Eagle people and clubs 505-332-1403 there should be photos of her jackets here on the BCM she does good work send her a photo of the bus and she get the colors close she did a beautiful on mine and the wife's jackets 

good luck

Thanks, Cliff. That sounds like a promising avenue and I will try to contact her. Would you happen to know if she has a web site with her products? In the mean time, I will try to find some pictures on this site.

Thanks
Mike

Mike,

You are ate right up with the bus thing, ain't ya?     Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

TOM

Tom,

I am working my way up.......once I have a pair of MCI boxers, I will know I made it....LOL

MIke

Mike and Lori
Sunny Phoenix Arizona

Jeremy

1987 Bedford Plaxton

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2012, 07:15:20 PM »

Thanks, I am familiar with that site and we have used it allot in the past when manufacturing signs......

I will be running the idea by our legal representative who handles our copyright materials. I do take copyright infringement serious Wink

Mike

Because everyone and his dog owns a vinyl cutter nowadays. I've still got my full-size Mutoh plotter/cutter, bought when getting into sign-making meant spending large amounts of money on professional-standard equipment - now cutters are so cheap that there are models aimed at bored housewives playing at their cardmaking hobby.
Printed stickers are still a decent business to be in though.

Jeremy

A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.
LowTide

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2012, 12:14:49 PM »

Mike

Because everyone and his dog owns a vinyl cutter nowadays. I've still got my full-size Mutoh plotter/cutter, bought when getting into sign-making meant spending large amounts of money on professional-standard equipment - now cutters are so cheap that there are models aimed at bored housewives playing at their cardmaking hobby.
Printed stickers are still a decent business to be in though.

Jeremy

I hear ya, it seems plotters are so cheap and that opened the door to wanna be sign people and believe me, there are a ton of them......

Heck, I remember when I first started in signs 35 years ago and you had to learn to hand letter or hire someone to letter your projects. I chose to master hand lettering and about the time things were looking good, in came the plotters which put most of us strokers out of business, if not took the majority of work because the vinyl lettering was cheap in price and quick or instant compared to a fine hand lettered window.

I still have all of my brushes and will probably never get rid of them.....way too much money invested in good lettering brushes.

Hopefully you will still get good use out of your plotter....shame to see investments go to the way side.

All the Best
Mike
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 04:06:09 PM by LowTide » Logged

Mike and Lori
Sunny Phoenix Arizona

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: