Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 20, 2014, 07:48:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Valve in Question MCI  (Read 430 times)
Dave5Cs

1979 MCI MC5Cs 6V-71 644MT Allison, Roseville, CA

Ignore
« on: September 22, 2012, 06:26:30 PM »

I am still going through my air system and came across this valve and can't figure out which it is anyone know, Brian maybe. It is in the front Bogie on the ceiling right behind the air bag and looks like the hose goes to the passenger side tank wet I believe. it has the one valve and it has a drain with a handle to open it and close it and a smaller valve next to it but connected to it. Replace or rebuild. Not leaking but old it looks like. The red air line is just bi passing it. It is not connect to it.

Dave

My personal skills are fine.. itís my tolerance to idiots that needs work!....

http://s1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj493/fltmr2000/
Tony LEE

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 02:02:03 AM »

Brake protection valve and in-line filter/water separator

Brian Diehl

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2012, 12:32:06 PM »

It is hard for me to tell for sure from the picture, but what you describe sounds like the suspension air filter.  This is a fiber filter designed to clean up the air as much as possible before it is used in the air suspension.  I've replaced mine.  The filter is cheap and is easy to replace as long as the bolts come lose without problems.
Dave5Cs

1979 MCI MC5Cs 6V-71 644MT Allison, Roseville, CA

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 03:34:33 PM »

Yep got them soaking with PB blaster cause they won't break loose. I replaced the PPV next to it this morning with a re-man 65 PSI for 22.00 NAPA. I have 1 line coming into the PPV and then it has a short brass fitting between it and the filter. The filter then has a turn/ open/close valve at the end and no other lines. Is there and exit line missing or just 1 line. Book shows another one going to dry tank?

Dave

My personal skills are fine.. itís my tolerance to idiots that needs work!....

http://s1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj493/fltmr2000/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: