Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 28, 2014, 12:28:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Using my bus for the racetrack works well  (Read 1001 times)
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« on: September 23, 2012, 07:35:30 PM »

Hi Folks,

Sorry I have not replied as much as in the past. Life as of late has been a fun and wild ride!

Mostly running my two company's. but still finding time to run the karting curcuit with my son

kinda leaves not much time for the bus board.

My son Nick started kart racing at 8 years old late in 2010, won the championship in 2011, and

is in contention to win another sitting in 2nd place in points with 3 races to go in this season.  

Needless to say, his efforts at almost 10 years old, has my full attention and time.... It's amazing

that a 10 year old can handle 70+mph let alone battle for position and put up with the heat in

a race suit, helmet, head sock, and neck restraints.... Shocked.  I'm having the time of my life as pit

crew/mechanic oh, and sponcer too! Cheesy   He runs a Rotax 125 cc 2 stroke TAG engine with an

Intrepid Storm Chassis in the ROTAX MINIMAX class.

Here is a link to his facebook fan page if you would like to see pictures.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Nicky-J-Badame-Kart-Racing/151550534907297

In my spare time, Grin I am doing well with my refrigeration company and my other company,

Atlantic Custom Coach. It is growing crazy fast. we just completed out 10th custom racedeck with

the inovations mounting with every Prevo we do. We are now doing interiors, electrical systems,

aluminum stair systems, Girard G2000 awnings, LED lighting, and Flooring. You can check out

the facebook fan stie here too.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/atlanticcustomcoach

Getting back to the topic now... [sorry] My bus has been working well for race weekends giving

us all the amenities for 3/4 day weekends usually at New Jersey Motorsports Park's F1 karting track.

We have made alot of new friends and just like here, we all look out for eachother... The race trailer

is a bit lighter to tow then the Hummer a tank of fuel is lasting almost the whole summer. Shocked

Well, hope you enjoy some pics!
Nick-

« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 07:38:11 PM by Nick Badame Refrig. Co. » Logged

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 07:39:35 PM »

I'm not able to get the FB links to work here...

I gotta work on that! Sorry...

Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
busdriver58

Eagles Fan

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2012, 08:20:13 PM »

Testing...

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Nicky-J-Badame-Kart-Racing/151550534907297

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/atlanticcustomcoach

Chihuahua, MX
1969 Eagle 05 8V92/Auto &
1964 Eagle 01 8V71/Std
Fred Mc

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 09:55:11 PM »

I know what you mean. My son raced 1/4 midgets for a number of years and we spent EVERY weekend from March to October in the bus a various different race tracks. Then I also got to spend most weekday evenings getting everything ready for the next race. It became a real way of life.
DaveNCari

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 02:59:21 AM »

Racing...it definitely gets in your blood... I have been a Rider, Mechanic, Crew Chief, Racing Engineer, Team Principal and more in everything from local motocross to the Firestone Indy Lights series...

Now my wife and I are soon to be headed to Arizona in our GMC 4104 and Freightliner food truck...bringing World Class Carolina BBQ to Central Arizona !!! ( Guerrilla BBQ should be smoking pig in AZ by Halloween!)

I cant imagine it will be too long after that before I find my way over to Prescott Valley Motor Speedway for a bit of fun though..... Wink

If you would like some career advice for your rapid kid...shoot me an email and I might be able to be a help... I know a few folks...Wink

Dave

Coming soon.....need of a bus-friendly RV park.....that values Liberty!

Watch this space....
bevans6

1980 MCI MC-5C

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 04:05:10 AM »

Watch out for success in karting...  A friend of mine from my vintage racing days used to take his kid and a buddy's kid to the kart track - buddy's kid James did well, his dad Jeremy started sponsoring higher and higher levels of racing.  Kid did well, kept going up, James Hinchcliffe is now an Indycar star, and his dad is probably millions of dollars lighter.  James will be able to pay him back when he wins the Indy 500, though!

Congrats, sounds like you are doing it right.

Brian

1980 MCI MC-5C, 8V-71T from a M-110 self propelled howitzer
Spicer 8844 4 speed Zen meditation device
Vintage race cars -
1978 Lola T440 Formula Ford
1972 NTM MK-4 B/SR
Ace

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2012, 06:34:16 AM »

Nick here's hoping little Nick can repeat and well, you know my karting story and who can I thank? LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2012, 06:37:03 AM »

Thanks Guy's!

Hey Ace, have you ran thoes MG yellows yet?  I like the grip with them on my kart.

Nick-

Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2012, 06:47:50 AM »

Some pics

lostagain

MC5C

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2012, 06:57:18 AM »

I have spent a lot of week-ends with my 2 boys at motocross tracks, harescrambles and enduros too. Having the bus there was fun for me, and comfortable for everybody.

Tell me about sponsoring your kids, LOL. This one kid had a sticker on his gas tank that said: "My parents". That was funny.

Enjoy it now. They grow up fast...

JC

JC
Invermere, BC
1977 MC5C, 6V92/HT740
Ace

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2012, 07:35:15 AM »

Nick its the tire of choice down here! Everyone runs them. They are the softest and as you know more grip. I'm right about 9lbs cold and stuck like glue. Then again my buddy Tony uses them and is like in ice! I'm in a CRG and he's on a Tony kart which for the life of me cant figure out why everyones raves over them! Love my CRG though!
Possible test and tune on Saturday with video action from my new gopro hero!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
Seangie
www.herdofturtles.org

And We're Off... Like a Herd of Turtles

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2012, 09:43:47 AM »

Nick - When I read the subject line I thought this was what you were talking about -

Maybe that will come later...you know the natural progression... cart racing, motorcycles, race cars, buses....

-Sean
www.herdofturtles.org

'Cause you know we,
we live in a van (Eagle 10 Suburban)
Driving through the night
To that old promised land'
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2012, 11:37:26 AM »

Nick - When I read the subject line I thought this was what you were talking about -

Maybe that will come later...you know the natural progression... cart racing, motorcycles, race cars, buses....

-Sean
www.herdofturtles.org

I would do that....

Tenor

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2012, 11:55:58 AM »

Now that is the ultimate in field testing your cabinet doors!  Grin

Glenn

Glenn Williams
Lansing, MI
www.threemenandatenor.com
1968 MCI 7 Ser. No. 7476 Unit No. 10056