Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 25, 2014, 01:56:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NC inspection?...  (Read 327 times)
thejumpsuitman

'79/'97 Eagle 05

Ignore
« on: September 26, 2012, 11:09:45 AM »

Time to renew my plate and they won't let me renew it online for the bus needing a state inspection...  I didn't realize it needed to be inspected...  But since it does, where would one go to get it done?  I don't want to submit it to a full commercial DOT type inspection, just a regular RV inspection since it is obviously privately registered.  Anyone in NC with experience in this area?  Thanks,
Marc

"Life is like a game of Pool... No matter how bad it looks, you take your shot."
pabusnut

P8M4905A-333 former MK&O lines #731

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 11:27:27 AM »

PA has a similar thing on our online renewal.  The thing makes you certify (click in a box) that it is currently inspected per the "blah, blah, blah, etc".  I think ours is triggered by the GVW, and the stupid computer assumes that since it is over 26k GVW it must be commercial.

You might want to go back and re-read what it says and post here.

Steve Toomey

Steve Toomey
PAbusnut
Seangie
www.herdofturtles.org

And We're Off... Like a Herd of Turtles

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 11:38:11 AM »

Marc,

Where do you live?  I had my inspection done at Covington Power Services in Wilmington, A diesel repair shop (now Clarke Power).  I think you can have it inspected as an RV if you have a title that says "House Car" (No DOT inspection required).  If its older than 1995 and/or Diesel you dont need an OBD/emissions inspection.  Call any service station that does vehicle inspections and ask if they will inspect your "RV".  Some stations require you to pull into the bay area to do the inspection and you need to make sure there is clearance.
They will check -
Brakes
Lights
Horn
Steering
Wipers
Directional Signals
Mirrors
Tires

-Sean

'Cause you know we,
we live in a van (Eagle 10 Suburban)
Driving through the night
To that old promised land'
thejumpsuitman

'79/'97 Eagle 05

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 04:08:24 PM »

Thanks Sean,  you are right.  Just a standard auto safety inspection as it is registered HC.  I took it to my favorite place and they did it in a matter of minutes.

"Life is like a game of Pool... No matter how bad it looks, you take your shot."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: