Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 24, 2014, 01:38:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Disc Brake pads stuck  (Read 425 times)
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« on: September 26, 2012, 02:07:20 PM »

Been sitting for over a year during build/rebuild. with wheels off-turned when last moved. Now pads are stuck Disc. 6ft bar doesn't move the wheel.  Can't move brake adjuster. Have removed  canister so there is nothing pushing on them. Have tried penterating oil. Hitting with hammer.  Long bar     jack against lug.  pads are $227 per side and both sides are like new and both are stuck. Have tried releasing parking brake and appling service brake many times to brake bind. Front are same set up and did not stick.  Also caged parking brake and removed whole assembly.  Seams funny both stuck.  and both had just came several hundred miles after I purchased and rolled just fine. I backed into shop for 18 months took wheels off and rebuilt everything else now they won't turn. Surface rust is visible but sands off easily. Huh Huh Huh   Bob

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 04:59:25 PM »

Good bus guys over at Bno came to aid and said to let sit till bus could move under own power and see if they would free up. Also said that this is a high maintance item that must be kept up with. Odd thing went to my local brake guy this am: just missed a guy with same problem on a 2000 Marathon and they were trying to figure out. His was on front. Same Knorr-Bremse SB units. I gave them a link to what I had found (the counter guy). Wish them luck also.   Bob

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 05:29:03 PM »

Bob,

Thanks for the update. I am with you there. Never heard/had to deal with that before.

Sorry I don't have any ideas for you.

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: