Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 23, 2014, 02:49:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, we will replace all of your E-Mags for free.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New TPMS saved us twice  (Read 268 times)
belfert

Ignore
« on: September 26, 2012, 07:48:22 PM »

I installed a new Pressure Pro TPMS a few days before leaving on my recent trip.  It saved us twice.

We were just turning off the highway onto the Black Rock Playa when the alarm sounded for a trailer tire.  We stopped and found a 5/16" bolt in the shoulder of the tire.  We put the spare on and off we went.  We were on the Playa for four days and about 60 miles after leaving the Playa we got another alarm for the spare we had just mounted a few days earlier.  We stopped and found a drywall screw through the sidewall.  We were able to limp to a Walmart and stay overnight until the tire dept opened so we could get two new tires.

The Burning Man festival had just ended a few weeks earlier and I suspect we picked up debris form all the "art" cars that travel to and from Burning Man on that same road.  We possibly saved enough money to pay for the TPMS on just one trip.  We almost certainly would have run the trailer tires until they were completely flat and possibly caused further damage without the TPMS.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: