Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 22, 2014, 04:35:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, we will replace all of your E-Mags for free.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: R12-DC relay valve again  (Read 5258 times)
Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2012, 12:26:13 PM »

Bruce,
I liked your schematic but of coarse mine is a little different with the bogie set up.  I wish I could publish the schematic I made but man I don't want to mislead anyone so I have to wait for someone with way, way more experience than I to approve it.

Real quickly,
1. R-12 vlv is feeding service brakes on bogie and drive wheels.

2. R-14 vlv is feeding spring brakes to drive wheels only.  I will have 3030 brake canisters.  The original (bendix six wheel truck drawing) was showing the R-14 feeding both the drive wheels and of coarse the six wheel truck had 3030 cans also on the bogie wheels or what ever they are called. So the R-14 also had to feed the second set of wheels in front of the drive wheels.  I eliminated that on my drawing and also in reality on my bus. 

3. The SR-1 vlv is fed from the PP-1 vlv when the brakes are set, this also connected to the back of the R-14 vlv and I believe activates the R-14 spring brake when the parking brakes are set. The SR-1 vlv is also going to my stop light switch to activate the stop lights.

4.  I have also installed one way check valves on all 4 of my air tanks  on the inlet end so that the air cannot bleed out that end, hopefully.  I also plan to install 4 gages on my dash, one for each tank to let me know at a glance which tank is leaking air if it is so I can quickly trouble shoot the area to remove my tire on that area of the air tank and remove the aluminum protection cover to trouble shoot the actual leak. With all new tubing and every line running through a bulkhead etc. is plumed through a bulkhead fitting which is real expensive when you consider I put in about 15 or more of.  But I hope I will not have to worry about, every. 

Man, I feel like I hijacked this post and did not mean to do that.  I hope that (RWC) will not mind my posting all this info here?

When I do get completely all done, I will post more photos of the finished product and any information I can to help others.  Be patient with me, it took over 4 months to get this far on just the new brake installation.  I am getting older now, almost 68 and getting tired as well.

I know, I know, another freaking long post by MR. Garylee.  Sorry!! 

Thanks again Bruce for your information.
Gary

Gary
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2012, 09:30:35 PM »

For what it is worth,

I'm impressed with the level of caution and care that is obviously being taken on this VERY serious topic.

Re-plumbing a coach brake system is not to be taken lightly, yet, it is not insurmountable for a busnut with good quality do-it-yourself skills.

Bendix is absolutely the go-to source for information and support.

It has been their corporate commitment for many, many years that knowledge should be freely shared.

Witness their extensive collection of materials, freely available. No one else comes close.

Busnuts, reward that continuing commitment with your comments and your dollars.

As we have witnessed too many times in the past, we are only a lawyer and an accountant away from silence...

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
rwc
No longer will be Now AM

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2012, 05:51:11 AM »

Gary I have been following along on your rebuild as you post new information. I am impressed with your dedication to this project and know that when you finish it will be a coach in better than mint condition.  Thanks for the advise and I have checked my brake chambers and they are in good condition. It is just the valves leaking.  Thanks Rod

Sam 4106

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2012, 09:29:01 AM »

Gary, I haven't been able to access your photobucket pictures with either the link you posted or by going to (photobucket.com), they require a password.

Thanks, Sam

1976 MCI-8TA with 8V92 DDEC II and Allison HT740
Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2012, 01:22:21 PM »

Sam,
I am sorry you could not get on photobucket to see my albums.  I am not sure if you really need to be a member with a password for sure or not.  Maybe Paul Lawry can chime in here and let us know. Paul works with photobucket lots of times.  Did the link I sent you bring you in anyway to photobucket?  Maybe you will consider becoming a member, it is free and you can also post pictures of your project as well.  I will try to find out if you can get on without a password from Paul.

Rod,
When I took my entire air brake system apart I tried to salvage some of the brass fittings so I was careful in areas I could be.  But, I will tell you that maybe 90% of every connection took very little effort if any to unloosen them for removal.  I know I would of had trouble with air leaks all over like that, just for information for you to consider just tightening every  fitting you can find. I had several loose connections in the tunnel area and what a darn mess that was,  Be careful though, you will probably not like some of the things you will see under the dirt & grime.  Not every bus though is in as bad as shape as mine was, I had no darn idea what I got into until I got my bus home 10 years ago last April!!! Shocked Undecided Cry Embarrassed Sad Angry all these icons represent my feelings on April 4, 2002!!
Gary
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 01:32:36 PM by Gary LaBombard » Logged

Gary
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2012, 03:17:25 PM »

Try this link. It worked for me but I'm signed in to my account. Let me know if a non photobucket user cannot see the album. It is the same link Gary originally posted, I couldn't get on at first. So not sure if it's because I signed in or not.

http://s629.photobucket.com/albums/uu19/busconverter101/
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 03:19:40 PM by Dreamscape » Logged

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
Sam 4106

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2012, 06:07:19 PM »

Paul, I was able to view all of Gary's pictures on the photobucket site from the link you posted.

Thanks, Sam

1976 MCI-8TA with 8V92 DDEC II and Allison HT740
Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2012, 07:13:51 PM »

Sam and everyone else that tried to get on my photobucket link.  I am the culprit that caused the problem without realizing what I did was a nono.  I signed in on my photobucket account as the administrator a few days ago and low and behold I did not sign out thinking it was a PIA to sign in each time.  Well, now I know that I made it impossible for others to go on my account to see my photos and learned a lesson.  I will sign out each time I go in to make photos etc. and not be a PAI to you guys. 

Again, sorry, and thanks Paul for helping me realize this, I owe you.
Gary

Gary
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: