Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 22, 2014, 12:58:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where can I get training on wheel end air brake repair/maint?  (Read 724 times)
belfert

Ignore
« on: October 07, 2012, 10:56:33 AM »

Are there classes a person can attend that will train on wheel end air brake repair/maint?  I went to the Bendix training, but there was essentially zero on wheel end stuff.  I want to learn things like properly replacing a brake chamber, diagnosing bad auto slack adjusters, and the like.

A local community college offers truck technician training which includes a course on brakes.  It looks like the course runs 6 weeks five days a week for a 90 minutes.  I could work it in my schedule for my job I'm pretty sure.  The problem is the course is limited to those actually going for a diploma.  I'll probably contact them to see if I can attend if there is space available.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 02:38:51 PM »

B, wish you were down this way. I'd be over in a heart beat to help ya out.  Wink
 Hopefully there will be some one in your area that can help.
How-a-bout it Fellas?

V. Smiley
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 03:25:32 PM by Van » Logged

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 02:41:34 PM »

Join the Army you get paid to learn lol

Life is short drink the good wine first
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 02:48:27 PM »

Clifford, you were reading my mind lol! The Canadians do have one hell of a ordinance school for the military, one of my favorite military instructors here in the U.S. is from the Great white North Wink one heck of a wrench Wink

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, 04:42:08 PM »

It would a lot cheaper to take a class than to join the military.  My salary would plunge and I would probably never get to use my bus while I was in.  I'm so out of shape I would never pass the physical tests anyhow.  With my IT experience they probably wouldn't send me to mechanic's school anyhow.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Oonrahnjay

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, 06:16:32 PM »

(snip)  With my IT experience they probably wouldn't send me to mechanic's school anyhow.

Exaclty, they'd make you a cook.

Bruce H; Wallace (near Wilmington) NC
1976 Daimler (British) Double-Decker Bus; 34' long
6-cyl, 4-stroke, Leyland O-680 engine

(New Email -- brucebearnc@ (theGoogle gmail place) .com)
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2012, 06:19:38 PM »

Sure glad you said that Bruce I lmao that is the way it works

Life is short drink the good wine first
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: