Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 01, 2014, 06:14:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where can I get training on wheel end air brake repair/maint?  (Read 760 times)
belfert

Ignore
« on: October 07, 2012, 10:56:33 AM »

Are there classes a person can attend that will train on wheel end air brake repair/maint?  I went to the Bendix training, but there was essentially zero on wheel end stuff.  I want to learn things like properly replacing a brake chamber, diagnosing bad auto slack adjusters, and the like.

A local community college offers truck technician training which includes a course on brakes.  It looks like the course runs 6 weeks five days a week for a 90 minutes.  I could work it in my schedule for my job I'm pretty sure.  The problem is the course is limited to those actually going for a diploma.  I'll probably contact them to see if I can attend if there is space available.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 02:38:51 PM »

B, wish you were down this way. I'd be over in a heart beat to help ya out.  Wink
 Hopefully there will be some one in your area that can help.
How-a-bout it Fellas?

V. Smiley
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 03:25:32 PM by Van » Logged

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 02:41:34 PM »

Join the Army you get paid to learn lol

Life is short drink the good wine first
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 02:48:27 PM »

Clifford, you were reading my mind lol! The Canadians do have one hell of a ordinance school for the military, one of my favorite military instructors here in the U.S. is from the Great white North Wink one heck of a wrench Wink

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, 04:42:08 PM »

It would a lot cheaper to take a class than to join the military.  My salary would plunge and I would probably never get to use my bus while I was in.  I'm so out of shape I would never pass the physical tests anyhow.  With my IT experience they probably wouldn't send me to mechanic's school anyhow.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Oonrahnjay

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, 06:16:32 PM »

(snip)  With my IT experience they probably wouldn't send me to mechanic's school anyhow.

Exaclty, they'd make you a cook.

Bruce H; Wallace (near Wilmington) NC
1976 Daimler (British) Double-Decker Bus; 34' long
6-cyl, 4-stroke, Leyland O-680 engine

(New Email -- brucebearnc@ (theGoogle gmail place) .com)
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2012, 06:19:38 PM »

Sure glad you said that Bruce I lmao that is the way it works

Life is short drink the good wine first
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: