Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 28, 2014, 09:01:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: fried clutch  (Read 1358 times)
ronnie32567

Ignore
« on: October 10, 2012, 08:02:46 PM »

1972 Eagle 8V71, 4sp man trans.  Anyone know the easiest way to install new clutch. Any info is great.

1972 Eagle conversion 8-71 dd, 4 diesel pickups, diesel tractor , diesel bulldozer  Crestview, Florida
B_K

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 11:02:02 PM »

Yup take it to Clifford aka Luvrbus aka YODA!
Grin  BK  Grin
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 06:34:18 AM »

They look harder than they are it will take you about 5 hrs people just swing the transmission and some drop it works better with 2 people 

Do you have any idea what clutch is installed now several options on a Eagle for a clutch it will cost you from 500 bucks up to a 1000 bucks depending which way you choose too go

Life is short drink the good wine first
ronnie32567

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 03:03:13 PM »

No idea about what type of clutch is in it now.  A local busnut that I met through this forum says he has an 8v71 with man trans that came out of a big military truck and that I could have the clutch out of it. I wonder if it is the same type clutch and would fit the eagle.

1972 Eagle conversion 8-71 dd, 4 diesel pickups, diesel tractor , diesel bulldozer  Crestview, Florida
eagle19952

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 04:32:46 PM »

No idea about what type of clutch is in it now.  A local busnut that I met through this forum says he has an 8v71 with man trans that came out of a big military truck and that I could have the clutch out of it. I wonder if it is the same type clutch and would fit the eagle.

i don't know but seriously doubt it.... Undecided

Donald PH
1978 Model 05 Eagle w/Torsilastic Suspension,8V71 NA, DDAllison on 24.5's 12kw Kubota.
Wants Paint Smiley
Previously owned by Wee Willie Ent.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2012, 07:48:14 AM »

It's easy to tell to just pull the bottom cover and see if it has been converted over from the pull type to a mushroom type if you live close to Tulsa I have a friend that has a fairly new button type for a Eagle I can send you his number he will probably sell it cheap,cheap

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
B_K

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2012, 08:09:34 AM »

Clifford I think he's in FL.
Grin  BK  Grin
ronnie32567

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2012, 05:23:56 PM »

Mr Clifford, yes I live way back in the woods in florida, but UPS does run every blue moon or so. I really don't know what to look for as to a pull type or mushroom. If the clutch from the military truck wont work I'll contact you for your friends number. I have one other problem with the engine, it was completely rebuilt by Winnibego 34,000 miles ago. runs like a singer sewing machine and does not smoke at all, but when I shut it off it pours oil like crazy from the drivers side of the engine, someone told me that there was a pipe that stops up and makes it leak oil.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: