Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 22, 2014, 05:46:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: For The Prevost Guys With 60 Series  (Read 1904 times)
Hard Headed Ken

1988 Prevost Angola Conversion Repowered With 14L Series 60 & Eaton Ultrashift

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2012, 05:23:09 AM »

Are any of you guys running a fuel cooler I guess it was a option on some models anyways mine had one but the fire damaged it and Prevost is very,very proud of that item is there a after market for the cooler

Living in Az I prefer to keep it cooler fuel adds hp (so I am told) then I worry about the piece of junk plastic for a fuel tank getting to hot any ideas

good luck

I made a trip this past weekend and on the way back I monitored the fuel temperature with my diagnostic software. My bus had set at the campground for 2 days in 60 / 70 weather. It was about a 3 hour trip back home mostly interstate at 70 MPH and 55 / 60 degrees outside. The fuel temp gradually climbed most of the way back to 107 degrees, it looked like it was starting to level off at that point. My engine came from a truck and didn't have a fuel cooler maybe because the truck fuel tanks are more exposed to the air it didn't need one. I think I'm going to add a fuel cooler because a 90 or 100 degree day could add 30 or 40 degrees to the fuel temps I saw on that trip. Even though the ECM progam has a "fuel temp compensation" table I think cooler fuel is better.

Ken  
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 05:24:57 AM by Hard Headed Ken » Logged

Link to my engine swap slide show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxAFFBcoTQI
stevet903

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2012, 05:37:30 AM »

My 8v92 will go from the mid 70's to about 140 degrees after 4 hours of driving in the summer.  I think it can get even hotter the more you drive because there is less fuel in the tank.  After watching that on my Silverleaf I would definitely put in a fuel cooler if I could find one to fit in front of my radiator.  Does anyone know where the best place is to plumb it in?
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: