Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 23, 2014, 09:27:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need Direction on how to proceed  (Read 1208 times)
Jaime

Ignore
« on: October 16, 2012, 05:36:22 PM »

I moved to Auburn Washington recently from Glendale AZ. I have been busy for the last six months or so and have not been able to address my clutch issue(different topic). I am wanting to transfer my title to WA. state title from a AZ title. after going to DMV Department of motor vehicles I was told I need to get it appraised to due a transfer as it was purchased in WA state and no taxes were paid. this is true i purchased it from original owner here in WA drove it to Arizona and titled it there. Here is the issue I need direction on I have not been able to find anyone to do an appraisal. DMV wanted it from an RV dealer I could not find one that would do it sothey called around to a few places and agreed that they could not find an RV dealer able to due an appraisal I then asked if i could use a car dealer they checked and agreed that I could well guess what I could notfind one there either.
  Any idea who in the Auburn WA area could provide an appraisal for a converted bus with a clutch issue. Which I mention as I need to fix it before I travel any distance.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 05:41:44 PM by Jaime » Logged
B_K

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 06:06:44 PM »

Tell them I said it's worth $2000 +/-!
Grin  BK  Grin
B_K

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 06:10:23 PM »

Seriously though I do know a gentleman that is knowledgeable on many types of buses and is and is a salesman for a bus sales outfit.

He does get on the boards from time to time. I'll get a hold of him and have hime chime in here!
Grin  BK  Grin
Jaime

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 06:19:39 PM »

Thanks BK
   They want an official appraisal on company letterhead. Believe it or not I think it is worth around 2500, no after I fix all the issues I might get it back up to 15 to 20 K in to days market. By the way the issues are fixable it is just money and with moving its been a little tight so I have deferred a few things like Bateries need replacing both house and start(they lasted 10 years) I did a quick replacement with some group 27 on both for an interim solution. When the batts went bad took out the alternator replaced with  a smaller one keeps up no problem but need to have the original rebuilt. and the list goes on.
Fred Mc

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 07:11:57 PM »

I would get the appraisal done BEFORE you fix anything. Then moan and groan about the many problems to the appraiser. Shouldn"t have any trouble getting it valued really low.
Boomer

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2012, 08:29:10 PM »

Try NW Bus Sales in the Tacoma/Puyallap area.

'81 Eagle 15/45
'47 GM PD3751-438
'65 Crown Atomic
Vancouver, WA USA
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2012, 08:44:28 PM »

You could also try a different DMV.  Something seems odd about this.

You don't have to believe everything you think.
B_K

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2012, 10:52:16 PM »

OK Mark Obtinario is a salesman for "Harlow's Bus Sales" in Auburn. He sent me an email back which I am copy and pasting to you in a PM. (so check your PM's)

It has his personal contact info in it so I won't post it here.
Grin  BK  Grin

Jaime

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2012, 06:16:34 PM »

Thanks all for the response. I beleive I have direction now. BK I have the info from the PM and will reach out this week. Thanks again I was starting to get well you know, crazy.
B_K

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2012, 12:04:01 AM »

Mark aka "Mr. O" will take care of you. He's a good guy an all around busnut.
We met in 2005 while working for FEMA after Hurricane Katrina.
After we went home we from Katrina we sorta lost touch for a little while then realzed we both frequented the same bus nut boards. We stay in touch pretty regular these days by face book and occasional calls or emails. 

If he can't help ya he'll find someone who can!
Grin  BK  Grin
PCC

Serving Those Who Have Served

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2012, 05:28:20 AM »

I have a thought. Maybe nothing, but - how long was the vehicle registered outside Washington state?

Is there a time frame (limitation) after which it is no longer a sale that is taxable, but just a move back into the state?

For some, patience is a virtue.
Dealing with me, it is required.
Thank God - He is always patient.
Scott Bennett
Scott & Heather MCI-9

Scott & Heather

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2012, 06:12:03 AM »

In Michigan, the DMV (secretary if state) merely asked us to state the value. We told them $7000 because that's what we paid for our coach. Works for us :-)

Sent from iPhone via Tapatalk

Scott & Heather
1984 MCI9 6V92-turbo with 9 inch roof raise & conversion in progress.
http://www.scottmichaelbennett.com/p/our-bus.html
˙ǝɯoɔlǝʍ suoıʇɐuop ˙snq ʍǝu ɐ pǝǝu ʎlqɐqoɹd ll,ǝʍ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: