Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 24, 2014, 06:39:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bus Layout - Need feedback  (Read 5114 times)
Mex-Busnut

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2012, 04:28:00 PM »

Our LG apartment-size washer is also a drier in the same machine. It takes about three hours to do the whole thing. This is what we call our "laundry room" in our bus.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 04:34:35 PM by Mex-Busnut » Logged

Dr. Steve, San Juan del Río, Querétaro, Mexico, North America, Planet Earth, Milky Way.
1981 Dina Olímpico (Flxible Flxliner clone), 6V92TA Detroit Diesel
Rockwell model RM135A 9-speed manual tranny.
Jake brakes
100 miles North West of Mexico City, Mexico. 6,800 feet altitude.
Uglydog56

I'd rather be lucky than good.

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2012, 01:54:35 PM »

The Ark had a stacker apartment unit which we removed.  My wife now has an enormous (in bus sizes) pantry that she is very happy with.  It used 24 gal per load of clothing.  That fills the ole grey tank pretty quick. 

Just thinking about 4 children's worth of laundry leaves me a little intimidated.  I recommend lots of shorts, tanktops and flipflops.  Smiley Depending on the isolation of the locale you might want to consider a portable clothesline setup for outerwear and save the dryer for undergarments. 

Rick A. Cone
Silverdale, WA
66 Crowny Crown "The Ark"
Scott Bennett
Scott & Heather MCI-9

Scott & Heather

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2012, 07:24:25 PM »

Ok Sean, just forget about the washer and dryer.... And buy some large banana leaves.

Sent from iPhone via Tapatalk

Scott & Heather
1984 MCI9 6V92-turbo with 9 inch roof raise & conversion in progress.
http://www.scottmichaelbennett.com/p/our-bus.html
˙ǝɯoɔlǝʍ suoıʇɐuop ˙snq ʍǝu ɐ pǝǝu ʎlqɐqoɹd ll,ǝʍ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
Seangie
www.herdofturtles.org

And We're Off... Like a Herd of Turtles

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2012, 01:53:42 PM »

More Great Ideas!

Well - It's funny how I intended for feedback on the "living room" design for the front of this bus and someone noticed a washer/dryer in the drawing and that was the main focus of the thread!  Our favorite idea from the feedback so far (and the same thread over at BNO) is to put the washer/dryer under the bus and install a laundry shoot.  We have already purchased the washer/dryer combo unit.  So Scott - You are safe...for now.  With 4 kids - laundry piles up fast.  So the reason for having it is not to keep up with laundry (no way that will happen) but to have the option of just doing a small load so we can enjoy company or I can wash just what I need for work and we can be "lazy" and go to the laundromat tomorrow.  Wifey wanted to lose the washer all together.  It was because of my insistence that we purchased it.  

I love the front facing kitchen idea.  That will probably end up being a modification going forward.  

We are in the process of getting rid of lots of stuff.  We have been able to take our time as we are still awaiting the sale of our house.  I still can't imagine how we are going to make everything fit.  We are all over the shorts and flips and t's and tanks.  It's how we live now.  Not too much of a change.  I don't think we would ever plan on staying somewhere it gets below 30 degrees for more than a night or two.  Chasing the sun is our goal.

One last thing I would like to do is to take the center step of the bus and turn it into a "jumpseat".  The Co-pilots seat seems to ride a bit high (a pneumatic piston to rais and lower that seat would be awesome...anyone done that yet on an eagle?)  So it would be nice to have a jumpseat in the middle that was bolted in with a 5 point harness that one of the kids could sit in if they wanted to keep me company.  Especially at night.  we have one night owl that would love to sit up there after everyone else has gone to sleep.

Thanks again for all the suggestions.  You all are great and make this whole adventure fun and exciting.

And Lastly - Scott - Banana Leaves?    Shocked

-Sean
www.herdofturtles.org
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 01:55:41 PM by Seangie » Logged

'Cause you know we,
we live in a van (Eagle 10 Suburban)
Driving through the night
To that old promised land'
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: