Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 23, 2014, 11:14:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, we will replace all of your E-Mags for free.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: giving back free fuel  (Read 1433 times)
crown

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2012, 10:28:11 AM »

on a final note to all that think this is off topic or stupid or whatever i have bought and sold stuff my whole
life and thanks to that and hard work we have been 100 o/o dedt free since building our first home at 18 yrs
old
to our curent home and no we did not get money from family or win the lottery but i did work 100 plus hours
all honest hard work ps. i had to work and study since i was 12 running the family bussnnes do to my father was in the hosptail for 2 yrs he sold it to retire when i was 17  i guess its true you cant teach old dogs new tricks
the end thanks john

john
 57 crown
 costa rica
Rick59-4104

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2012, 12:36:12 PM »

In John's first sentence he said buying and reselling allows him to travel to bus rallies so I really don't see a problem with his post. I see lots of posts on this forum that veer off topic,and I see posts that turn into a 2 or 3 person conversation and nothing bus related is said. Sometimes this site reminds me of my old high school days when there was the minority "in" crowd that could pretty much get away with anything and then there was the (majority) rest of us. I read his post as trying to be helpful.

I was flamed in the past for posting what I thought was helpful information and as a result seldom post here so I can identify with John. Don't get me wrong I have learned a lot from members here and it is appreciated but I do not think John's post deserved some of the replies.

By the way John, I picked up a pair of WW11 German 10X80 Binoculars for $10.00 at an auction last month (was the only bidder) and turned them for $1324.00 on eBay 3 weeks ago (money will be spent on the 4104) so I do appreciate your post about ways to help finance our bus habit. And I do not feel one bit guilty about my profit margin.

Just my thoughts (and yes I should keep them to myself) but sometimes I think things need to be said.

Thanks John, I appreciated your post.

Rick

« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 03:09:32 PM by Rick59-4104 » Logged

NW Arkansas
1959 GM 4104  No. 4115
1972 Grumman Kurbmaster Stepvan Conversion
1957 Airstream 13 panel Overlander
Rick59-4104

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2012, 01:34:06 PM »

Just to clarify, my earlier post is in no way directed to the moderators of the forum who I feel have a hard enough job to do. I think some of the members need to stand down and keep their comments to themselves when they think a post might not be appropriate or on topic and let the moderators take care of it. That's what they are here to do.

Standing down now....

Rick

NW Arkansas
1959 GM 4104  No. 4115
1972 Grumman Kurbmaster Stepvan Conversion
1957 Airstream 13 panel Overlander
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2012, 01:48:37 PM »

In these tough times, some encouraging words as to ways to make headway are appreciated.

Just a little more confidence stands between ourselves and the tank of fuel we need to have a bit of recreation.

Sharing success stories just may be the confidence boost some of us need.

Thanks John.

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
crown

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2012, 02:26:55 PM »

thanks rick and bus warior i was trying to share imfo and would help anyone just pm me.
 buswarior you coming to arcadia this year let me known and i will try and bring up
costa rica beer also to all going to the arcadia rally please stop by and say hi and to
old friends see you there john/lidia
ps .rick great score keep it up that will help your bus along .

john
 57 crown
 costa rica
Dave5Cs

1979 MCI MC5Cs 6V-71 HT-740 Allison, Roseville, CA

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2012, 02:40:49 PM »

Thanks John gave me some ideas. I have a 50X40 Garage 25 feet tall full of stuff that I was trying to sell on CL but not having to much luck. It would be easier working with a seller wholesale and not have to deal with people i don't know coming and going on the property buying 1 thing at a time.
You rock!...

Dave5Cs Grin

crown

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2012, 03:07:59 PM »

wow dave 50x40 going through that sound like more fun then disney wish i was closer good luck john
ps . try and make lots of things for dealers tell them they must take whole lots much quicker for you

john
 57 crown
 costa rica
Dave5Cs

1979 MCI MC5Cs 6V-71 HT-740 Allison, Roseville, CA

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2012, 03:21:45 PM »

John,
It is part of taking care of a Ranch for a friend of mine. He had a Property Management company. So old house doors, electrical everything, stoves, refrigs, Big hanging lights, Gallons and Gallons and Gallons of Paint, some new some old. Tile, wood flooring, adhesives, glues, did i mention paint. Tools but I think he wants to keep them. just a lot of stuff. I take 35% of what I sell Grin Cool

Dave5Cs

John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2012, 05:27:13 PM »

John,

Thank you for sharing your ideas. That makes a lot of sense to me. Good for you. I hope your ventures are very profitable for you. 

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: