Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 30, 2014, 11:59:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Refrigerator problems  (Read 481 times)
Joebus

1978 MCI Mc8

Ignore
« on: October 23, 2012, 11:26:29 AM »

I have a Dometic RM2852 that has stopped cooling. Both heating systems (gas and 110 AC)  are working. I have taken it out turned it upside down, gave it a bit of a shake, turned it up straight and plug it in. heat has followed up the line and across the top coil, I can hear some sort of action in the lines. But no cooling inside the unit.
There has been no smell (ammonia), everything looks as clean and dry as new. Was in last Thursday (everything cold) Sat. noticed stuff in freezer was thawing. Unit is about 10 years old

Suggestions?

Joe Beleskey ,Stroud Ont. 50 Miles north of Toronto
1977 MC8, 8V71T, Auto
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 01:13:04 PM »

Did you leave it upside down for a day or so?  I have never done it but remember that as being part of the process.  You may try calling a frig rebuilder and going over the symptoms.  They should be able to give you the good or bad news.

You don't have to believe everything you think.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 02:34:16 PM »

If both sources are working and heating check the Thermistor

Life is short drink the good wine first
Dave5Cs

1979 MCI MC5Cs 6V-71 HT-740 Allison, Roseville, CA

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 02:48:53 PM »

If there is any yellowish powder on the tube going up the back then there is a gas side problem. It could also be the board has gone out but you would have to have a tester to check or pull the board and take to an RV repair place and have it tested. Dinosaur boards you can get on line.

Dave5Cs

Joebus

1978 MCI Mc8

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2012, 03:16:13 PM »

Both the AC and gas create heat. The tube up the backside is warm (95 degrees) ambient in the coach was 53 degrees. Front panel changes from auto to gas as it should.
I thought the Thermistor controlled the heat source. Is there a valve in the system that would control coolant movement   

Joe Beleskey ,Stroud Ont. 50 Miles north of Toronto
1977 MC8, 8V71T, Auto
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: