Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 02, 2014, 12:36:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More Questions About Bus Smoking  (Read 612 times)
Jriddle

Ignore
« on: October 28, 2012, 01:49:15 PM »

I have read all the recent posts about bus smoking. My Bus is a 1984 TMC with a 6v92 with Auto Trans. I get some smoke on warm up. White in color with heavy fuel smell and will go away when bus is up to temperature. I do notice while under way it will go away and usually all at once. I made a trip to Twin Falls, Salt Lake City then home. While on I-15 in Salt Lake I noticed the bus smoking white/blue smoke. When I pushed pedal to the floor (Hammer Down) the smoke would quit right away. When I eased up and then reapplied the throttle I would get lots of smoke. This was the case all the way home. Engine seemed to run well but plenty of smoke. The engine temp did seem low and I plan to replace the thermostats before I use again.  I could get it to smoke black on the hills. Any advise would be appreciated before I go tearing in to things.

Thanks John

If It Can't Be Grown Then It Has To Be Mined
John Riddle
Wells NV
1984 MC9
Geoff

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 02:10:08 PM »

If you have good compression, it may only need a fresh set of injectors.  I believe that you need a minimum of 450psi at 600 rpm (engine running) to have good compression on that turbo engine.  This is at sea level.

--Geoff

Geoff
'82 RTS AZ
Jriddle

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 02:48:12 PM »

Geoff thanks for reply.

I need to get compression testing figured out and do have N-65 injectors on hand.

John

If It Can't Be Grown Then It Has To Be Mined
John Riddle
Wells NV
1984 MC9
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 02:55:08 PM »

You don't want the N-65 in the 6v92 you probably have 7G70's now (277 hp)  John trying changing over to 40W if you are still running the 30w and install new 180 degree thermostats give that a shot first

If you do have the 7g70 change to 7g75 it will give you 294 hp and almost 900 lbs of torque without changing the turbo

good luck
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 03:19:26 PM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: