Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 23, 2014, 08:08:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: generators  (Read 948 times)
storm

Ignore
« on: November 13, 2006, 03:59:51 PM »

can anyone tell me how to reconnect a 3 phase generator to a single phase. it is a stamford 4 pole 64kw. thanks
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 10:38:24 AM »

Storm,  Stamford in reality is/was Stamford/Newage.  But since you don't give a model number I can't answer your question. I can, however offer you a link which might give you more information than you might be able to understand...but at any rate, try this:

http://www.powertechengines.com/NewageData/

Hope this helps.

NCbob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 06:01:45 AM »

can anyone tell me how to reconnect a 3 phase generator to a single phase. it is a stamford 4 pole 64kw. thanks
There is a standard NEMA connection that all major alternator manufacturers, except maybe ONAN, use for their 12 wire alternators. .

Zig-Zag, 240/120 volt, three wire connection. Normally only 2/3 of three phase output available in this single phase connection.

Connect together: 1-7.This is the L-1 hot lead.
Connect together: 4-6-10-12. This is the N connection.
Connect together: 3-5-9-11
Connect together: 2-8. This is L-2. the other hot lead.

Voltage between L-1 and L-2 is 240 volts.
Voltage between L-1 and N is 120 volts
Voltage between L-2 and N is 120 volts.

If you need further help, let me know.
Richard

There is a connection for 120 volt two wire output also if you need it. . That configuration limits you to 1/3 of the rated output. 

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: