Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 20, 2014, 11:10:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DD 60 Series Oil Dip Stick Question  (Read 589 times)
paul102a3

Ignore
« on: November 03, 2012, 07:59:53 PM »

I have a new to me 2001, Series 60 12.7L installed in a Prevost XLII and have a question about the markings on the dipstick.

What is the approximate fluid level amount between the low and full marks on the dipstick? The engine has an oil reserve tank and I believe some amount of the reserve oil has overfilled the crankcase. The valve was not completely closed when I got the bus home and the reserve tank is now empty. I did not measure the reserve tank level before I left for home but the PO swears there was oil in the tank.

If I know the difference between the marks is one gallon and the distance is 1 inch, could I not use that information as a guide to know how much oil to pump out?

Thanks,

Paul

2001 Prevost XL II
Boomer

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 09:28:24 PM »

One gallon between marks on the stick.  The oil reservoir is marked in liters.  Tie wrap the valve on the oil reservoir to something so that it stays closed.  Reinstall the tie wrap if you use the reservoir oil.

'81 Eagle 15/45
'47 GM PD3751-438
'65 Crown Atomic
Vancouver, WA USA
paul102a3

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 02:31:24 AM »

Thanks for the information.

Paul

2001 Prevost XL II
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print