Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 18, 2014, 06:52:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Transformation Complete!  (Read 715 times)
wagwar

Ignore
« on: November 04, 2012, 10:06:30 AM »

The transformation of the big, ugly, brown, bus is complete and it looks great! I finished the clear coat on Friday. Check out the whole story on our blog www.mightybus.wordpress.com (see also the small green/blue sphere icon in the left side of this post). I included a pic in this post, but I'm not sure it will show up.

Jim

challenger440

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 06:21:38 PM »

Very cool. 

John  M.

John M.
Helena, Mt
MC7  "under construction"
crown

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 10:46:03 AM »

jim may i ask what did stormy charge for the paint work ? was it special spray paint ? or what you buy
 at the box store ? and last did you roll on the clear ? thanks john

john
 57 crown
 costa rica
wagwar

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 05:28:20 PM »

Hi John,

We hired an artist that is both a tattoo and large mural artist. He used spray paint - cans of spray paint with different nozzles. These were not your garden variety cans of spray paint. He purchases at an art supply store. The stuff they use comes in a huge array of hues. I rolled the primer, base coat and clear. The finished result is a textured (not flat) finish. The clear makes a big difference in accenting the colors and in the sealing of the surface. However, it is a rough texture, which I am OK with. I used a 1/4" nap roller to keep it as smooth as possible with a roller. If you need a truly flat finish, I think you would have to spray it on. Estimates for painting my bus were in the $15K range (no stainless). We saved a huge amount by adjusting our expectations...  On the other hand, it would be very difficult to find this kind of talent in the standard car/custom paint industry. Needless to say, this cost us no where even close to that. Contact me off line for any additional info you'd like.

Jim

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: